Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
WHAT KINDA GEAR DO YOU GUYS WERE IN THE SPRING/SUMMER? WHAT KINDA RIDING PANTS? WHAT KINDA JACKETS? TRYING TO FIND SOMETHING FOR THOSE HOT DAYS THIS YEAR.

·
Registered
206 Posts
My birthday suit and these so i don't get hurt.

damn, look at how much protection these things offer! why would you need anymore ;)

·
Registered
99 Posts
I tried on a pair last night - they fit nice (caution - they are undersized!) You could punch your way through a car with those on - they want $199.00 CDN for them though - F*** That!

www.dnfmcx.com

·
Registered
418 Posts
Look back a few threads and you'll see one about clothing.
Worth a look.

I wear the same in the winter as the summer,but not with the thermal layers.

Carbon gloves
Back protector,
Carbon Boots
1 piece leather suit with Knox Armour
Full face lid

The works.

Ash

Live to ride, Erm Erm, Where are my Car Keys ?

·
Registered
3,728 Posts
When it's really hot out...

teknic supervent jacket
draggin cargo pants (like the dragggin jeans but alittle dressier)
leather gloves
helmet
leather steel toe mechanics/motorcycle boots

not so hot out

Ballistic bants/ballistic jacket
leather gloves
boots and helmet..

My Drinking Team Has a Racing Problem!

·
Registered
778 Posts
I am going to get shit for this but normally I wear jeans, sneakers, tee shirt and gloves

When I am hitting the beach, its shorts, tee and gloves =(

I know I should wear a bit more but its so damn hot!

·
Registered
174 Posts
I'm gonna buy one of these this summer. Mesh body w/all the leather and pads in the right places! Made by Joe Rocket, $199 US or $229 Canadian.

·
Premium Member
8,191 Posts
I try to wear at least my leather jacket, gloves, and jeans... but often I end up in the nylon jacket with sleeves removed (makes it a vest) and no gloves (Cause I did wear gloves for a while with the vest, but got a rather unflattering tan (you can imagine)) and jeans.

I admit I do go out in shorts and a tshirt once in a while, usually when Im on my way to the beach for some jet skiiing.

-=Welcome To Canada=-

2002 Green 6R
1986 Gixxer 7/11

·
Registered
418 Posts
I was looking at an Akito 1 piece race suit in Bristol for £200GBP (sale price)on saturday and it looked like a tea strainer:D. The armour needed upgrading, but the suit itself was OK. Shame I can't justify it at the moment. I will probably go for a 2 piece next time.

Live to ride, Erm Erm, Where are my Car Keys ?

·
Registered
19 Posts
So why some of the riders are just wearing a cut off t-shirt, no helmet, no gloves, no helmet. I would thing that any rider when buying a bike, he would automatically buy some riding gear. so why not wear it to protect one self?
is the confidence take over when owning a bike for some time are they thing they know how well they can ride.

Any thought? any one

·
Registered
1,606 Posts
I think plain ole stupidity accounts for most of it. In south Texas it gets very hot and humid in the summer. Around town I wear combat boots, jeans or sometimes draggin jeans and a helmet. On the road I wear that plus jacket and leather gloves (not power ranger gauntlets just plain deer skin). I don't ride around the block without boots and helmet.

·
Registered
19 Posts
swjohnsey, I reside in DWF area, and last summer I have seem more riders without helmet then any other season, I mean come on guys all it takes one time.
I am looking at getting a bike, and have rode one of the first ninja 600 back in the mid 80's, but have never rode with out some protective gear, yes it is hot as hell but I rather be hot but in one piece.

·
Registered
207 Posts
Please think about riding with gear cuz i used to not and learned my lesson the hard way. In the summer I hit a deer with just jeans, tennis shoes, and a windbreaker without any gloves and I just thank god I was on my ninja250. I had huge scrapes on every joint I can think of, now I only ride in leathers, gloves, jeans and my boots. Don't learn from your mistakes, learn from mine;)

--- '03 zx6r

·
Registered
113 Posts
I wear Joe Rocket Phoenix jacket. Its pretty cool...literally. I wear riding gloves by TECNIC and my helmet (HJC AC-10) of course. I usually don't wear pants...I like to streak. I'm looking to get some Phoenix pants for this midwest humidity.

·
Registered
2,035 Posts
I ride buck naked [:eek:)] joe rocket perf jacket, agv helmet with smoked sheild. joe rocket speed master gloves . cold days full to peice. with joe rocket gloves and boot with a arai helmet with smoked sheild

"ON ONE WHEEL" [:p]

·
Registered
1,606 Posts
The most effective piece of gear for reducing injuries is the helment, second boots, third probably gloves. You are more likely to prevent injuries wearing protective pants than a jacket. Armor is pretty much useless from what I read because the only type of injuries pants and jackets are effective against is abrasion. Thick leather works better than anything.

I think there was a British study that found more injuries with gear than without possibly because gear instill a false sense of security.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Originally posted by Rodger Doyle

Full leathers all the time, even at 100 degrees! Better safe and sweaty than sorry.

Rodger
swamp ass

<div align="left">mo fo butta layin me to da bone, jackin me up</div id="left">

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.