Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
604 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So what do you think of my new mod? Thanks to selfinfliction I was able to get my hands on a spare set of passenger foot pegs so I polished them and did some LED work on them. I think it turned out great!

Attachments

·
Registered
1,973 Posts
Any ability to add notice to my bike when I'm braking or have my signals on is a plus!!

So umm where is the FAQ

·
Registered
604 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Sweet work.
They did turn out great.

Are they your turn sigs also,
or just the break lights?

Props Bro.
The rear is brake lights only and has turn signals from the side.

Looks pretty slick. So how was it done?
I made a template. Drilled and flaired all the holes. Polished them. Installed 14 red 3mm LEDs for the brake on the rear and 6 yellow 3mm Leds on the sides. Put in the apropriate resistors, wiring, and potted them in with epoxy.

·
Banned
150 Posts
I love the idea! It's very clean. I have intergrated tail lights on my bike, but work on the military bases and I believe they require that I have signals at least 6 inches apart or something.

Well, I don't plan on putting any turn signals on my bike that take away from the custom look, so I think I will use this idea instead.

Are all the wires hidden all the way up to the seat? The only way you can see them is if you stick your head all the way under the bike?

More pics of the opposite side would be great. A how to included would be even better!

Thanks again for the idea.

·
Registered
604 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
If anyone would be interested in me doing this mod for you shoot me a P.M. with what you would want. Also if I end up doing a set for someone I will actualy take pics of the process and write up a D.I.Y.

·
Registered
604 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Bump!
Again if anyone is interested in having a set of these I will give you a good deal. I also have an extra set of foot pegs so we could do it as an exchange.

·
Registered
316 Posts
Yet another mod I am in the middle of. I already have the extra set of pegs and red leds but I am trying to decide between extra brake lights or turn signals, or both.

·
Registered
604 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
If your laws alow for a flashing red for a signal ( my ranger doesn't have rear yellow signals, just red from the factory ) you could just make them all red and use two iso relays to flash the side the signal is turned on.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts