Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Rich??? Or Lean????

Are there anything signs for each or will it just run shitty. How can you test it, like on a car(older) you can use a vacumn gauge. Thanks all...............----------------John

·
Registered
1,606 Posts
The best way of course is on a dyno. But there are other ways to get an idea. Heres the deal. Your bike could be running rich at the low end, lean in the midrange and rich at the high end and this is the way many bike come from the factory. So if in that range the bike runs better when it is cold than when it is hot it is too rich. If better when it is hot it is too lean. If you suspect it is too lean you can try a little choke. If it helps you are too lean. When you are crusing and begin to run out of gas, if the engine perks up a little and then dies you are too rich.

The low end 0-4000 is controlled by the idle bleed jets and float level, mid range 4000-8000 by the needles and high end 8000- by the main jets.

·
Registered
4,213 Posts
checking the exhaust can for lots of carbon is a good way too. check way too much carbon build up.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The reason I am asking is because at 11k-12500. I was going to try to fiddle with it. But I guess I'm not. Thakns again.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.