Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
My Brute is weak
41,597 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm wondering what it takes to turn a fully faired bike into a naked one.

Yes, I know the fairings come off but some other things need to be done too. I assume an aftermarket headlight is bought and aftermarket front turn signals? How about using the factory gauge cluster?

I'm asking because my bike is damaged and I'm not really looking forward to buying 800+ dollars worth of plastic and I happen to appreciate and like the look of naked bikes.

I guess what I'm looking for is any pointers on where to buy the parts I need. For example, possibility of using stock parts from other bikes or good source for needed aftermarket parts. Maybe headlight and signals off a Z1000? Who makes things like a single or dual headlight?

This is an '08 250R by the way.

·
My Brute is weak
41,597 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
uh oh another 08? These go down more than Caligirl ( only joking honey - saw u lurkin)
I went down on mine over a month ago. Dealing with what to do with the bike was not a priority though. Still isn't but I need to do something with it since I'm still making payments on it.

Gravel's a bitch.

·
My Brute is weak
41,597 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Sucks, to hear..Are they just scratched or smashed?
I don't remember exactly, to be honest. I haven't seen the bike in over a month. Long story, don't ask. It was lowsided on the left side. Off memory, the upper fairing is done, left fairing was cracked, left peg broke, shifter bent, handle bar bent.

I have to go get it and I'll be able to assess the damage better then.

Even still, it might be worth to do anyway for a different look/feel.

·
My Brute is weak
41,597 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I'm probably just going to bite the bullet and buy the parts I need. After looking it over, the damage is not as bad as I thought and the only badly damaged part is the front cowl fairing. The left fairing is rashed and cracked/broken at the front and the front tire fender is broken but I can deal with those until I have some spart money to replace it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.