Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys, first post and all.

I'm a newbie, just picked up my 2001 ZX6R on the weekend, and have just noticed today, that on the left hand side infront of the low/high beam switch there is a button marked PASS.

What exactly does this do. Its raining today, so don't want to take the bike out (Its my first road bike - and the last bike I was on was 8 years ago, so I'm still getting used to riding again)

So yeah, if anyone knows, would be interesting to know.

BTW, I"ve done a google search without any success of finding what it is. I've also done a search of the site, but don't really know what I'm looking for.

Thanks,

thunderb.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Cool thanks, I know it was a silly question, but well new to all these things. Thanks for your help, now adding 75hp would be nice, might have to put a sneaky shot of NOS on to pass my mate's R1. I've been looking for more info on the bike, but as yet, have only been able to find one manual on ebay. But it doesn't finish for a couple of days.

Thanks,

thunderb

·
Registered
39 Posts
well i have nt heard of any such thing unless the bike is loaded with NOS otherwise all that you are going to do when you hit that botton is turn your emergency lights on lol that is unless the bike is custom? well good luck with the bike they are fun i have an 02 i ride sometimes but i like my 03 ninja and 04 R6 better :D

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
For some reason the US zx600j didn't have the pass..... the euro bikes have them, but do not have our hazard switch... Deathace made a hybrid of the 2... something I am eventually going to do as well. I had it on my prior 2 bikes (Ducatis)

·
Registered
20 Posts
usually only the suzuki bikes have them... it should be a button that flashes your lights saying you want to 'pass'. since its located near you high/low beams that might be another indication. try it and see what happens. i also have an 01' zx6r but i dont remember there being a 'pass' button on there, so its probably something aftermarket that the previous owner put on it.

·
Registered
613 Posts
Originally posted by metricdevil
A) It adds 75 hp to the bike so you can easily pass 1000s.

Or ...

B) It flashes your high beams quickly to let cars in front of you know you'd like to pass. Quite a few bikes have them. Now that I think of it, it's odd my 06 ZZR doesn't have one.
Can I take option A? [8D]

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
Originally posted by speedyh203
usually only the suzuki bikes have them...
My friend's Triumph Daytona 955i has one, and it's not aftermarket.

·
Registered
1,973 Posts
I have a "turbo-boost" and "ejecto-seato" button on my bike... haven't tried them yet since they are red and I am always told not to push red buttons. :)

·
Registered
613 Posts
Just start pressing buttons, thats how I found the wheelie button!

·
Resident Brit™
1,157 Posts
The pass light is as mentioned above, its a quick flash of the high beam to indicate to people that you are passing and to beware. As jealous stated I merged the front of a UK (AU will be the same) and the US rear (with hazard warning switch) to allow me the best of both worlds as the UK/Eu spec zx6r doesnt have hazard warning lights (im guessing the AU are the same).

heres some shitty pics but gives you the idea.

Russ

·
Registered
1,419 Posts
I thought that was for the missiles?!?! [:M110]

·
Registered
232 Posts
if the bike is custom then it may have been disabled it's for you to flash your high beams to let other people know your letting them pass

most bikes have them

·
Registered
27 Posts
Hi,

I was a bit confused about the PASS switch too, I thought it was to warn dozy guys in cars that you are about to pass them, but of course all it does is flash the high beam as many have stated. A combination of high beam and 120dB foghorn might work a little better!

Also, ingenious way of getting the hazards on to a UK bike using the US back switch section Deathace.. I think Hazard lights should be standard on every bike, idiots in cars have enough trouble spotting us even riding in the day with lights on, far less parked up in an emergency situation with no hazards.. I have been there...

Is there another easy fix to wire for hazards other than the replacement grip you opted for? would be very very helpful for many owners, especially in winter.. A trip down to Maplin maybe..

Cheers
A

·
Registered
232 Posts
call me primative but just turn your alarm on and kick the back tyre

that way car drivers can hear as well as see you.

but seriously all my chopper building mates are on funnuly enough

www.chopperbuilder.co.uk

they will definately know if no one here knows

id ask but im waiting to be exsepted as i only signed up with them today

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.