Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 00zx6r, And I have put on a new pipe,can,jet kit,and airfilter. What eles can I do for more HP?[?]
The shop here where I live put it on the dyno and it showed between 103 & 106 HP at the rear wheel,in 3 different runs on the dyno.
When mentioning other other parts to add or modify please keep in mind reliability. I want the bike to last for a little while at least.;)

·
Registered
2,691 Posts
You can play around with cam work and boring cylinders and new pistons and upping compression (race kit type stuff), OR you could save money and move up to a big bore bike.

If 106hp out of a 600 isn't good enough for ya, I'm guessing you are a big-bore guy in waiting.;)

"Keep yer feet on the pegs and your right hand cranked."

·
Registered
130 Posts
storm0097,
I agree with dj dunzie, getting more power can best be achieved by moving up in displacement (excluding the cruiser junk, of course). You might be better served by focusing on better carburetion (Flo-Commander) or degree-able cam sprockets, for example. Just having better response and handling can rejuvenate much of what you're looking for. Shaving some weight, lighter wheels, and much of the cosmetic stuff can certainly recreate some of the riding pleasure that has been lost. The risk, of course, is spending a ton of money and never really getting where you want to be.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I've got a J2 with a ti akropovic can on and i'm getting 99.8bhp at the back wheel.haven't bothered with a jet kit,didn't need one,it runs a bit rich in the midrange but not so's you'd notice it.
the kwak comes with a high flow air filter so i haven't bothered changing that either.

if you're after a bit more poke get the head gas flowed or as dave said get some lighter wheels and reduce your unsprung weight.that'll make it a bit faster and handle a lot better.

a well ridden 6 will piss all over a bigger bike on the twisties.i know.

if youre after a lot more poke then get a 750 or a thou and tweak that up a bit.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Hello Storm. I have a stock 2002 ZX-6R and am planning to make the same basic set of modifications that you have made. It sounds like you've gotten some great results and I'd like to take advantage of what you have learned. Can you share more detail on what pipe, jet kit and settings you decided to use (either on this forum or via email)? Did you do the work yourself?
Advice from anyone that has been down this path would appreciated.
Thanks.

Javier

2002 ZX-6R
2002 YZ426F

·
Registered
720 Posts
I'd buy a busa, but I would definetly keep the zx6r. Just use the busa if I want to do a 3am highway run.

You gota have balls like these to drive a bike!

·
Registered
298 Posts
FUCK THE BUSA!!!!!!! 12R all the way!!

Life is short, but sweet for certain...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.