Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a 2003 zx6 and wondered what gearing people are running ?

what is the best cage ? Freestyle, 905...etc ?

who makes a good bar ?

any help would be great

·
Registered
245 Posts
905 cages from what the local guys have told me is the best one to pick up.. they all run them on there stunt bikes... I'm running -1 +3 on my RR

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
hey scrapintail .....what gear are you doing most stuff in ???

is there a shop or website you recommend to buy from ???

thanks

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
the 905 cage looks beefy but the FI cage covers the case.

to me the 905 looks built better but im hearing that FI is what works better

·
Registered
668 Posts
-1 +15. I love my gearing. i can really give it brake and it hasnt stalled out on me yet at idle. I run pro taper dirtbike bars and love them. You dont need a bar if your learning, besides gangster mashing your taillight, subframe, and tail section is a high point when you are learning to stunt. And its more forgiving. As for cages having had both FI and 905 im not sure which i like better. Im runnign the 905 now. The FI cage i had got all magled up and the bike only flipped up onto the upper once. The 905 is more hardcore but i think im going to have a tough time keeping it form rolling onto the upper, or lack ther of. But of all the cages i know i think that Powers have got their shit toegther. but the FI looks better. I would recommend getting an MXD/905/Powers to learn with, then move onto the FI cage when you arent wadding your bike up as much. After a FI cage gets bent up its hell to take on and off.

·
Registered
74 Posts
i have stock front +10....i have 905 cage and 905 bar.....if your using for strictly stunting 905 cage works awsome but FI cage gives more clearance to take turns...

·
Registered
249 Posts
18 up in the rear. power stuntworx cage, unknown round bar, flat bar Power stuntworx,

·
Registered
1,456 Posts
13up and I had 905 but I have a feeling that helped in cracking my frame. I have a F.I now but i haven't got to use it yet. 905 bar

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Originally posted by vettjd01
-1 +15. I love my gearing. i can really give it brake and it hasnt stalled out on me yet at idle. I run pro taper dirtbike bars and love them. You dont need a bar if your learning, besides gangster mashing your taillight, subframe, and tail section is a high point when you are learning to stunt. And its more forgiving. As for cages having had both FI and 905 im not sure which i like better. Im runnign the 905 now. The FI cage i had got all magled up and the bike only flipped up onto the upper once. The 905 is more hardcore but i think im going to have a tough time keeping it form rolling onto the upper, or lack ther of. But of all the cages i know i think that Powers have got their shit toegther. but the FI looks better. I would recommend getting an MXD/905/Powers to learn with, then move onto the FI cage when you arent wadding your bike up as much. After a FI cage gets bent up its hell to take on and off.
ok....great info

·
Registered
249 Posts
wouldn't recomend fi or 905 cages on 636's both frame breakers for beginners. Not trying to plug and certain product i just FROM EXPERIENCE Destroyed a FI cage on a ralph Louie circe gone wrong (Ralph Louie= right foot left peg circle). I saw Edub from outermost brake a frame in ohio. For F4i's they are money but ehhh. for 636's

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.