Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey great site, I'll be sticking around. I bought a 98' ZX7R and it's a bit rough looking to say the least.

I noticed the ram air intakes looked loose and something seemed wrong. So I took them off and sure enough they have been cut so the air flows straight through. Looks like the box that comes stock was cut off and the holes have been taped shut. Anyone ever seen or heard of this? Should I leave it or buy a replacement?

The more I look at this bike whoever owned it was a hack!

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yes contact me, I need allot of parts. Somebody hacked up my 7.:(
I am not able to pm yet..

·
Registered
2,853 Posts
actually im betting that the airbox is routed into the carb. this is a great hack and boosts power. check if theres a tube running from the airbox to the main carb inlet.

basicllay it creates positive pressure. uses a little gas that way but gains 4-5 horse

·
Registered
1,436 Posts
The "jugs" are not a air resivouir per say, but more of a noise baffle or silencer. Back in the day bikes did and still do have to meet air intake noise regs from the DOT. Those jugs silence the incoing air flow by allowing some of it to bleed into the jug and silence the intake tract noise.

It is not hurting anything, prob made the intlet noise somewhat louder.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yes now that you say that even at idle the air flow seemed louder than I thought it should.

·
Registered
259 Posts
caboose I forgot to go check the ebay site.
Looks like i was too late. But its a good thing.
My boy got me one for 25 bucks. cant beat that but your price was nice too.

you win and then you win some LOL

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.