Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
3,112 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Gotta admit I haven't been on here a lot. I miss the heydey and some of the back and forths. Fighting Falcon, Tough Guy, Byron, and a host of others I can't remember right now. I might stir the pot, be ready.

·
Registered
25,080 Posts
a lot of the names you mention as well as many others aren't around anymore.
The Off Topic section doesn't get much action these days.

·
Registered
3,112 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
a lot of the names you mention as well as many others aren't around anymore.
The Off Topic section doesn't get much action these days.
It sure used to:grin2: I was real easy to push buttons, esp on Falcon and that Tough Guy dude, just use the word fag, or mention something tech or about octane, and it was good for a huge thread lmao...

·
Registered
941 Posts
It's not just this forum. The Mercedes forum I'm on had some changes and the open discussion part got a lot quieter. The Triumph forum had some good threads going on about the new Street Twin, but they've since died down.

·
Premium Member
15,223 Posts

·
Registered
569 Posts
It's because of -gary. Remember -gary? He did a round of fund raising for the site to keep the server up and then when he got everyone's money, he sold the domain. I thought -gary was a good guy, so kinda weird that he pulled a stunt like that.

·
Registered
569 Posts
Admittedly, I haven't been on the site in forever and just saw this post and gave a knee jerk response. Now that I've had the chance to browse a little bit, I gotta say... what the hell is going on??? This forum is a ghost town. Back in the day, you couldn't go 2 seconds without someone posting a response or starting a new thread. Now there's maybe three comments that were from today, throughout all the forums...

·
Registered
25,080 Posts
The change over after -gary did have some members vow to never return, but even then it was still quite busy for those first few years.
But a lot of things happened to drive down activity.
There are now more Kawasaki based forums out there...so it spreads out the users more.
For a while this forum had a bit of a bad reputation for how it treated new members.
It's definitely had it's share of users leave because they were offended or didn't feel welcome.

and maybe people are just buying less motorcycles. The costs have gone up quite a bit...a 600cc supersport now are starting around $12k and go up from there...that's a lot of money on a motorcycle that won't hold it's value at all....even the starter 300cc sport bikes are $5k+

Now add to that, that internet forums in general are a dying breed. Social media for whatever reason is one of the causes of forums dying off. There's only so many waking minutes in the day and the more time people spend on their social media, the less they spend on specialized forums like this.

·
Registered
3,112 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yep a lot of energy I think has transferred to FB imo...a lot of motorcycle stuff always coming up on there..

·
Registered
6,000 Posts
I call it the diversification of interests.

People will often go to Facebook posts that match their thinking because heaven forbid they get exposed to a different idea or belief:

OH My GOD! Mixing engine oil! Thicker fork oil for crappy cruiser forks! Climate Change is real!
That guy shares a lot of videos and I have to whine about it or leave instead of just ignoring them!
-
-
A good example is linked below, like my 2002 Honda Cruiser that had weak wimpy-thin fork oil from the factory that gave you a bucking bronco front end in bumpy corners:
-
-
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=346xkbwFtYo
-
-

·
Banned
43 Posts
So you fkin Yanks talk alot but never seem to " stir the pot" or say something detrimental about anything because you're all fucking wussies still sucking on your Mommy's titty!!!!

OK fuckers, will that get a fucking controversial conversation going or do you all just politely talk the fucking talk!?!?!

Yes, here l am, fire away you wankers!!!

Attachments

·
Registered
44 Posts
So you fkin Yanks talk alot but never seem to " stir the pot" or say something detrimental about anything because you're all fucking wussies still sucking on your Mommy's titty!!!!

OK fuckers, will that get a fucking controversial conversation going or do you all just politely talk the fucking talk!?!?!

Yes, here l am, fire away you wankers!!!
My bike is faster than yours. naa naa naa naa

1 - 15 of 15 Posts