Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i just thought i would take some time to thank all of the regular contributors of good info.

since i joined the site last october i've learned a ton about my bike and riding in general. i'll list a couple things to start off and add more as i go on. feel free to post any thing that you have learned from the forums.

i learned how to clean and lube my chain
learned the proper way to clutchless shift
learned about blipping the throttle on downshifts (still trying to master that)
learned why you shouldn't use lucas oil in the bike
learned about helmets and the differences
learned about the secret magnet kawi puts in the new 250's
and learned that kawasaki pwns all other bikes and that everything else is just heresay

:Laughing rolling:

·
Registered
2,247 Posts
I learn something new each and every day I sign on at KF. Sometimes they are small nuggets of insight, sometimes they are facts that completely change my thinking on a subject. And many times I am entertained while I learn from intelligent and experienced riders who also have developed a wicked sense of humor in their years of riding. I know after several months here I could never list all that I've learned, nor would I try. It's all about the journey, not the destination, right? :Burnout:

·
Registered
3,690 Posts
Mostly mods and what to look for on my bike for problems.

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i've learned that too many riders are philosophers as well :D :Laughing rolling:

·
Registered
11,326 Posts
Haha! Baby Aaron learns about motorcycles.
I've learned countless things. This community is full of experience and wisdom, bigotry and idiocy. I try to give or take something positive from Kawiforums every time i log on. Otherwise there's no point in being here.

I'd say the most benificial thing i've learned from KF exclusively is that motorcycles are meant to be personalized, that your Kawasaki is a piece of you that other Kawasaki owners should respect. I've also learned to respect all riders, no matter how much their style differs from mine. That respect can be lost due to sheer stupidity however.

·
Registered
2,247 Posts
i learned how to get my passenger seat off.

http://www.kawiforums.com/showthread.php?t=34014

i also learned, not to be too harsh on the new guys since we all started in the same place.
...unless they're complete idiots, and we certainly have a few. I truly enjoy the philosophers. Almost as much as I hate the chest-thumping squidly "I'm such a good rider" types.

And I learned that a lot of guys here really like boobies. :D

·
Registered
2,570 Posts
too much to mention. just about 90% i know.

·
Premium Member
10,463 Posts
I have learned i spend way to much time on here, versus getting some short rides in when i can.
I also have learned i have given my PCIII map to over 30+ people saving them in the process over $6,xxx.00 total......that makes me feel good helping others

·
Registered
647 Posts
I've learned how to say "Gixxer Pride" thanks to NK and Fighting Falcon. lol

But seriously though, pretty much everything I know about my bike I picked up here or from peeps that I met thanks to this forum.

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I've learned that I can bash gays and not get flamed too badly....:Laughing rolling:
psh!!! its only tolerated cuz we all know you're :gay: yourself :Laughing rolling:

You joined in November.

See, you learned something else today on KF.

--David
i think i started lurking and learning in oct lol

·
Registered
382 Posts
I wouldn't say I was a squid before I got on this site, but I definitely had a much more lax attitude towards gear. Now I won't get on any bike without at least a jacket, gloves, helmet, etc.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.