Votes: 0 0.0%
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 107 Posts

·
Registered
469 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
To ask what helmet is best would honestly be to broad so I figured why not see what everyone's wearing. I probably left out a few but I thought perhaps these were the major wons.

·
Registered
4,295 Posts
What's best is what fits you. I love my RF-900, but for someone with an oval head, it would never fit better than an Arai.

·
Registered
1,563 Posts
I have a shoei and an agv. The agv fits better but it just doesn't feel as sturdy as my shoei.

·
Registered
209 Posts
Currently an Arai quantum/f. I need a new one though - it's had a lot of use. Anybody have the HJC AC-11 (they supposedly fixed the visor problem the AC-10's had). For $150, it looks like a good deal. Still not an arai, but it does fit me well.

·
Registered
1,872 Posts
I have (or should I say HAD) and AC-11 Zeek. Great lid. Really did its job in my little "encounter". Its a bit noisy with the visor up, but once its down, its very quiet.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I have both an Arai (solid black signet) & a Soumy ('03 Troy Baliss replica).

Both are very good helmets. The Aria is a bit heavier but also much warmer. Snell & DOT approved. I wear this one with a clear shield when I ride at night.

My Soumy is super light (tested & approved to european race standards)- fits great and has a dark mirrored face shield. Usually wear this one when I ride the canyons because it is lighter and has better ventilation - but it's also a bit louder.

Shoei's don't fit me well - but they are good helmets.
Personnaly, I would not buy anything less than a Soumy, Arai or Shoei. My head is worth more than the $150 or so that a discount helmet could save my wallet.

·
Registered
2,691 Posts
Will only buy Arai now that I've owned one. Although Suomey would likely be my second choice if I couldn't shell out the bones for the best.

·
Registered
391 Posts
I have owned shoei, Troy Lee Designs(for moto & mountain bike DH) and Arai and will never own another. Arai is the best fit for my head By far. All hail the quantum.

·
Registered
2,406 Posts

·
Registered
976 Posts
My current hat is an Arai RX7rr4 but i'm considering something different for 04 in the likes of an OGK, does anyone here currently have one or know of anyone that does? thoughts? impressions?

BD

·
Registered
25 Posts
I have a KBC Racer-1, but I don't like it much. The padding at the forehead rides up and the edge of the foam ends up pressing into your forehead at speed.

Looking to get a Shoei RF-1000 next.

·
Registered
218 Posts
I've owned Arai's since about 1990. Nothing, and I mean nothing fit's me as well as the Quantum series. I've tried 'em all, too.
Cheers, Lee S.

1 - 20 of 107 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.