Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

What if they brought the Green Mean back?

• HE----LL NO! 636/6RR for me!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • ZX7R/800cc all the way!

• ZX10R

• '07 ZX6R

• '07 R1

• Yami R6

• CBR1000RR

• CBR600RR

• GSXR 1000

• GSXR 750

• GSXR 600

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
393 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay fellas, be VERY honest. If Kawasaki brought back an all new version of the ZX7R[:p] would you trade up/buy one and get rid of the 636/6rr [V][?]? Just a thought as MotoGP is heading for 800cc's next year. ~OR~ what if they came out with an 800cc Green Machine:D? I threw in some other bikes just to see what you all though and to cover more bases.

·
Registered
1,726 Posts
Fuck that. Life is short, and the one who dies the most in debt wins. I aint never seen anyone collect $$$ from a dead man!

I say 7R all the way![:p]

·
Registered
3,119 Posts
I'd love to see a new ZX7. Especially if they'd release it in the old white/green/blue paint scheme like the old school ones. In the time being, I'll just keep looking at this pic of the 636 that I saw on Raptors and Rockets.

I love the paint job on it and would think a new ZX7 Painted the same way would be badass.

·
Registered
2,265 Posts
750/800 kawi for me, but it would probably be another couple years down the road.

I am a Yami fan but they don't have a 750 class bike any more either. I am NOT a suzuki fan at all so the gsxr is out of the question. Not much of a Honduh fan either and they also dont have a 3/4L offering. I see no need for a liter bike any time soon unless I was to get into some serious sport touring.

·
Registered
593 Posts
It's a big yes for me as I have had the privilage to own a '98 ZX7R. I miss it sometimes and just do a search on ebay looking for a mint 7. Best of both worlds.

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
Originally posted by Enemy Zero
I'd love to see a new ZX7. Especially if they'd release it in the old white/green/blue paint scheme like the old school ones. In the time being, I'll just keep looking at this pic of the 636 that I saw on Raptors and Rockets.

I love the paint job on it and would think a new ZX7 Painted the same way would be badass.
Ive got that scheme on my zxr400 :D

donno I reeeeeaaaally like the 05/06 636 .. no trade for me :)

·
Registered
393 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Did y'all know that Honda actually came out with a CBR750 back when they made the 900RR? They had working prototypes and were going to make it a production bike, but chose the 900cc platform over the 750 instead...Bummer.

·
Registered
1,503 Posts
I think its odd that everybody thinks they are going to produce an 800cc bike just because MotoGp is going to 800cc's. Ducati is the only company to come out with anything closely related to a MotoGp inspired bike, and they want, what, 65k for it? Kawi just doesnt have the finances of the other bike makers, so making an 800cc bike probably just does not fit in their financial plans.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Originally posted by InsaneSaki
I think its odd that everybody thinks they are going to produce an 800cc bike just because MotoGp is going to 800cc's. Ducati is the only company to come out with anything closely related to a MotoGp inspired bike, and they want, what, 65k for it? Kawi just doesnt have the finances of the other bike makers, so making an 800cc bike probably just does not fit in their financial plans.
the fact that motogp is going to 800cc is a perfect reason for kawasaki to make an 800cc bike. practically everything on road bikes trickles down from racing, and a road bike with an engine exactly the same size as the race bike would just fascilitate that process. plus, people love riding bikes that replicate the ones they see in professional races in more ways than one (i get excited just whenever i see a green bike on tv). not to mention an 800cc would be a surprise like no other to everyone that thinks just like you, no offense. oh, and let's not forget that Suzuki's GSX-R750 just got deemed "Best Sportbike of 2006" by Motorcyclist, PROVING that there is indeed something special in that cc range...and we all know how much kawasaki loves to out-perform suzkuki by just enough. i say all systems go! a zx-8r would definitely fit nicely between the zx-6rr and the zx-10r, cause unlike the gixxer 750, it IS exactly between the two, cc wise

[:M14] ZX-8R

·
Registered
67 Posts
Originally posted by suprPHREAK
I'd go for a 10R, since the insurance categories are 1-249, 250-599,600-749, 750-999, 1000+. So, why would I ride a puny 750 or 800, wnen I could ride a 999cc 10r for the same price?
But a ZX7R, is only 749 ccs. right? And insurance on a ZX14 is the same as a 10r here. And its 999 ccs. Curious. Id still roll a ZX7r, or a ZX8r anyday. Unless they are ugly, then Im all about a ZX14.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.