Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, so here I am taking the tank off the bike since I have to repaint everything,due to hitting a dog and me flying off the bike ,then sliding both of us on the concrete.Frame sliders did their work and gear that I had on did the same.Me fine,bike scratched due to sliding.No breakings.So here is my question.I turned the tank upsidedown to take some of the gas out then this little thing came out of the tank and fell down.I tryed to see what it was and still couldn't figure it out.tryed to look inside the tank but no one guess.Since I put my bike alltogether I ride it without this little cilinder and the bike is just fine.
Anyone knows what this is and what it is suppose to do inside the tank?
P.S. this is the new looks of my bike.Don't think I will add any stickers.Looks clean like that.

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thx FLOJOE.Had it before with stickers, this time I said to be a bit different.I hardly wait to wax it.Don't wanna use it yet cause I don't want to wash it.Wait few more days for the paint to get dry.I am sure it will be shiiiiiny.

·
Registered
1,709 Posts
It's not from the tank, I think that is the sleeve for the screw that holds the sides of the tank (i.e. the one that goes through the frame).

·
Registered
268 Posts
Originally posted by iurox
you mean the screw that holds the tank underneath the seat ?
Yes. It holds the back of the tank down and their is a rubber piece on each side of the tab and that piece goes through and then the bolt goes through that.

·
Registered
151 Posts
looks like the sleeve to me as well.....it goes inside the rubber piece going through your frame then the screw goes through that metal sleeve....see if you are missing one....if not im not sure but i dont think it was supposed to be in your tank

·
Registered
2,265 Posts
Originally posted by tareksaleh77
Dude, just open your tank and throw it back in. End of story.
[:M50]

Agreed with the others, looks like the sleeve from the frame bolt hole for the tank. You say it fell OUT of the tank tho? Like it was inside with the gas? Maybe happened at the factory then, dunno. Shouldn't be anything falling out of the tank even if you up-end it, except gas.

·
Registered
1,905 Posts
Thanks X!!!

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Originally posted by tareksaleh77
Dude, just open your tank and throw it back in. End of story.
Haahahaha,dude you got that rite.Yes i figured it out.thanx 4 your help guys.It's te part 921.... I will place it back sometime this week.I am glad it's not something serious.It was 2 am when I tryed to dump the gas out.I was tired and the when I saw that little piece going down I started cursing like nobody's business.All sweat and dirty and here I go ,have a piece fallen off out of nowhere.
Happy ending.Yeeaahhh baby !!:D

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.