Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What is this called and what does it do? I'm replacing the engine cover with a Woodcraft one. Have no idea what this thing inside does.

·
Registered
1,354 Posts
The non moving copper coils in the cover are the stator, the rotation of the flywheel inside them creates electricity. It is actually an alternator, similar to a generator but producing AC instead of DC.

·
Registered
197 Posts
A new one costs close to 3 hundred bills bro (from RonAyers.com), make sure you install it back onto the cover correctly. I had to replace mine because of a wreck, but I bought it from this Canadian place called RMStator (awesome peeps) -- only 150 bucks.

Looks like a murder scene...

·
Registered
261 Posts
wow.
i have this rubber thing on the outside of my rim, it says bridgestone on the side, can anybody tell me what this is for?
lol

·
Registered
1,664 Posts
That thing with all the coils, its just extra weight, you can toss it and get ride of the stock muffler bearing, and the muzzy clutch while your at it. You'll save like 30 pounds and that translates into more horsepower!

·
Registered
950 Posts
That, sir, is the infamous Flux Capacitor. It is critical for any and all time travel. If you remove this, you will experience time travel in a much slower manner. Namely, "real time".

Ug... too.... ear..ly!

·
Registered
5,642 Posts
Originally posted by MRWGLO92
That, sir, is the infamous Flux Capacitor. It is critical for any and all time travel. If you remove this, you will experience time travel in a much slower manner. Namely, "real time".

Ug... too.... ear..ly!
:D

·
Registered
256 Posts
Originally posted by h20-50
That thing with all the coils, its just extra weight, you can toss it and get ride of the stock muffler bearing, and the muzzy clutch while your at it. You'll save like 30 pounds and that translates into more horsepower!
[:M68]..i love everytime the "muzzy clutch" comes up...hahahaha

·
Registered
949 Posts
Originally posted by MRWGLO92

Ug... too.... ear..ly!
lol:D

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.