Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Newbie to the site here. From the north shore of Hawaii (=365 days a year riding season) [:p]. I've been riding for about 5 years. First bike was a '93 Suzuki rf600r. Traded that in for my red '98 zx6r (Betty). Polished frame, subframe, swingarm, and rims. More extras here and there. Running on chicken strips, but will soon be getting Bridgestone BT010s. Here's a pic...

Jesus loves you.

·
Registered
57 Posts
sharrrrp looking bike! :D
welcome to the board.

##Martin##
'96 ZX6R / Full Hindle Sport Exhaust / Jetted / Upgraded Clutch

·
Registered
7 Posts
Oahu. How was the surf on Maui this winter? It's been good here...we're still getting 2-3 foot swells. Can't complain for May.
Originally posted by LUV2SURF

Welcome hapa_guy,

Nice bike, what island? I'm on Maui, north shore.

luv2surf
2003 636
Jesus loves you.

·
Registered
115 Posts
What's up fellow Hawaiian riders, the surf was good this winter. In fact the best in several and it looks like the south shore will be good this year too. The last 2 south swells were great on Maui, I bet bowls was good for you guys. I come to Oahu all the time, my family is in Kalihi. Where is the best bike shop to go check things out?

luv2surf
2003 636

·
Registered
3,106 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

What's up fellow Hawaiian riders, the surf was good this winter. In fact the best in several and it looks like the south shore will be good this year too. The last 2 south swells were great on Maui, I bet bowls was good for you guys. I come to Oahu all the time, my family is in Kalihi. Where is the best bike shop to go check things out?
Heck, I am not from Hawaii (darnit!):(, I was just being a smart-ass and answering your question to hapa.:D

·
Registered
115 Posts
speedvlaze,

Sorry to hear you are not from Hawaii, all these open roads, clear skys, warm weather and no one to ride with.

I forgot to mention: gas $2.48/gal, ultra high insurance, high cost of living, insane rent prices and one kawasaki dealer.

luv2surf
2003 636

·
Registered
7 Posts

Where is the best bike shop to go check things out?

luv2surf
2003 636
Cycle City (Kawasaki) & Cycle Sports (Suzuki) are both cool shops with lots of goodies. I actually prefer Cycle Sports though, because the City has a bit too much Harley stuff[xx(]. As for south shore surf[xx(], it's hard to grovel for waves there after a long winter on the north shore;).

Jesus loves you.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Hapa,

I will be on Oahu today so I will drop in those shops to check things out. Quiksilver is another Hawaii rider, I am not sure which island he is on. Thanks cuz.

luv2surf
2003 636

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.