Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
647 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
o.k. so here I was looking at the upcoming models and reading up on all the new tech tricks they've got. Technology wise we are getting a shit load of new features. Some are awesome like crossplane firing order from Yamaha, some are weird like ABS from Honda (but I guess anything that trickles down from BMW bikes is a little weird).

But what is up with the styling? Maybe it's just me but all of the new 2009 bikes from the big 4 are butt fugly, especially in the litre class. Kawasaki murdered the ZX-10 and the ZX-6 for that matter. Yamaha completely redesigned the R1 and made it look like shit. Fireblade looks like an early 80's ghost especially with the HRS anniversary color scheme. And Suzuki's GSXR 1000 looks almost as big as the ZX-14. They've got some good crack in Japan and all of them are high as f*ck - that's the only explanation I can come up with as far as the styling goes.

I think I'll just get me a 636 and call it a day. I was really looking forward to 2009 since I knew that most of them would have major redesigns (like in case of Yamaha). But I am very disappointed. What do you guys/girls think? Any 09's that you like from the big Japanese 4?

·
Registered
340 Posts
I like the suzuki 1k. But all the others look like ass and I hope sells...I know sells will reflect this.

·
Registered
6,217 Posts
I was looking at lot of these in person today.The kawis don't look as bad as they do in pictures.They actually look nice.The honda's limited edition color schemes look good too.But the new suzukis probly looked the best out of any of them.

·
Registered
647 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
You know I am kind of torn between the two bikes, choosing the lesser of the 4 evils sort of speak. lol

Look wise, I would go with the Zuk, even though it's heavy and huge as an elephant (but at least it looks normal to me).
But technology wise, I like the Yami. I think it is the most innovative one out of the four of them. But then again, that could mean lots of new problems. lol

So I would go with Zuk, Yami, Kawi and then Honda as the last resort. But you never know the new edgy ZX-10 might grow on me, but I highly doubt it.

·
Premium Member
10,463 Posts
other than some forks (not used in any real racing) we are not getting anything new, so dont gete your pussy all wet..
to be honest your getting old technology with some new forks.

cassette transmission-nothing new
2 piece calipers-old school
slipper clutch-been out since 2003
so show me some new twin speed shock and forks with reverse firing order (R1) and some real traction control (1098R) and then we are talking already used technology.

will be some time before we get anything (NEW) ceramic rotors, on the fly remapping for power or hell even lighter bikes.

·
Registered
647 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks JD, now I'm just gonna go and kill myself. Even the shit that I thought was more or less new and exciting, even that ain't shit. Just completely shattered my dreams, man. That's it, man, I'm suicidal now. lol
When are we gonna ride, budd? Check your pm.

·
Premium Member
10,463 Posts
dude i am in MO right now, and next time i ride will be in Germany!!!!!

but yeah not trying to bust the bubble, but being realistic to what is goin on in the market, yamaha & triumph seem to be the guys bringing it.

yamaha-reverse spinning crank on the R1
triumph-true high/low speed front & rear suspension & monoblock calipers on the 675 with some more rpm
kawi-big showa piston kit on the forks---nothing more...maybe 110 out of the POS 600 motor
suzuki-nothing

·
Registered
647 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
and Yami is one of the butt ugliest of all of them IMO. I guess one can't have everything. At least Yami is trying to bring some of MotoGP to the street.

Ah shit, I'm sorry I missed you while you were in NY.

·
Premium Member
41,542 Posts
People don't like change.

Give it time and these bikes will be the accepted hotness.

I like them. R1 included.

·
Registered
493 Posts
I checked out all of the big 4 websites after reading this post and I agree that all the bikes are fugly but If I had to choose one to buy it would be between the 09' GSXR600 in black or the 09' ZX-6R in green, the rest just suck in my opinion. The color schemes of all the brands seem to be getting worse every year. I do like the 09 Yamaha R6 orange though but hate the looks of the bike itself.

·
Registered
155 Posts
For this very reason, I withdrew my verbal commitment to purchase an 09 and found a dealer with an 08 still in stock. I personally could care less about the 20lb weight reduction (I'm 5'10" and 140lbs) and the newer technology. I don't want a bike with a dick hanging off the side like the GP exhaust - IMO. Heh.

·
fap-o-caster
50,488 Posts
I dont like the front of any Suzuki they have ever made...EVER
Single headlight has always sucked imho.

dude i am in MO right now, and next time i ride will be in Germany!!!!!

but yeah not trying to bust the bubble, but being realistic to what is goin on in the market, yamaha & triumph seem to be the guys bringing it.

yamaha-reverse spinning crank on the R1
triumph-true high/low speed front & rear suspension & monoblock calipers on the 675 with some more rpm
kawi-big showa piston kit on the forks---nothing more...maybe 110 out of the POS 600 motor
suzuki-nothing
I think the 09 R1 is supposed to have a selectable on the fly fuel re-map thing like the gixxer had last year or so. Gimmick really if you ask me. The cross plane crank is something that intrigues me. The worst thing about the R1 now are the stock cans on it.

·
Registered
522 Posts
If you want to see a disaster, check out the new instrument panel for the 09 650's. It might have been cool.... fucking 30 years ago!

·
Registered
493 Posts
I think if I ever get a new bike down the road it will most likely be a MV Agusta F4, that bike is super sexy.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts