Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am just curious what is the maintained speed for other riders? I know we all do 100+ at times but due to traffic or roads it is not possible to maintain that speed. What MPH do you ride at most of the time under normal riding conditions.[?]

·
Registered
394 Posts
Street 100-120km/h, hiway 180KM/h plus

·
Registered
759 Posts
65 - 75 MPH indicated on twisty rural highways. I don't do interstates or major highways if I can avoid them. Try to avoid civilization as much as possible when riding, but generally do the speed limit in towns and cities to avoid tickets.

·
Registered
394 Posts
DogSoldier, you shouldn;t post stuff about your vespa in a zx6r forum. :D

·
Registered
231 Posts
why is that to slow Fade-Dude ?,,you said the same speed , lol . 120.kmh is for regular riding around . If i'am in a area i like with good turns i pick up the pace, but i hardly ever speed going in a straight line . To many animals crossing the road .

when i'am out with others it changes .

·
Registered
97 Posts
I usually drive the country roads at 110 to 130 km/h but love to pick up the pace on open areas to 160. (100 mph) Way too much wildlife around here and, there are lots of vehicle-animal collisions, especially near wooded areas.

·
Registered
2,570 Posts
I go about 20 over the posted speed limit. Cops don't seem to bother me at that speed. That is indicated so I'm probably going 15 over.

·
DEATH TO THE ISA!!!
10,796 Posts
streets its 15+ mph over whatever the speed limit is.

highway is around 90....i slow it down to 60 when lane-splitting the ridonkulous amounts of traffic we have here...

·
Registered
264 Posts
i try to do no more then 10 mph above speed limit on streets, and 85 to 90 mph on freeways. i live in a very fast growing town so sometimes the streets get crwoded so i have to slow down. safety first i want to live to ride another day.

·
Registered
39 Posts
In downtown Dallas mixmaster I normally do like 80mph, but when the freeway opens up typically 90mph. If it is like a Friday and ready to just hurry and get home it is 120mph.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
allright fellas, thanks. I usually do 10 above the posted limit on the streets and its about 80-90 on the freeway myself. Looks like we are about in the same range.

·
Registered
394 Posts
Originally posted by DogSoldier
120.kmh .
If there is trafic i go slower .
Lol dogsoldier, I thought you meant in your post that you dirve only 120KM/h on any road, like right on the good side of the law...

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.