Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
1,811 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
And by weapon, I mean helmet..

This should technically be in another section.. perhaps the two wheel discussion, but I want the 05/06 opinions since I spend most of my time in this area. Either way, it'll be an informative post for a lotta people.

I currently have a Shoei RF-1000 Camber TC-5 and was wondering what yours is (or one you have an eye on).
I'm thinking of getting an Arai next, I've heard good things about em. My brother has the new Bell Star, and says its loud as hell.
Helmet companies usually have a ladder that consists of low end to high end. They vary in amenities such as removable liners, or more ventilation, or lighter material, and I know Shoei's is: X-Eleven>RF-1000>TZR
But what is Arai's? They have the Corsair, Quantum, Profile and Vector.
Any experience with them?

Also:
Runfromme posted a video about helmets in a thread he made in the road racing section. Very informative, watch it!
Here

·
Premium Member
6,225 Posts
Suomy spec-1r exreme dragon. I love the fit of suomy helmets but they are loud as FUCK

·
Registered
3,609 Posts
Shark RSI Eden

·
Registered
370 Posts
Shark RSX Intense

I don't really have much to compare to, but it is a great helmet. I had a cheap HJC before and this helmet fits so much better and it is much lighter. The shield has never completely fogged on me but I have gotten a little spot in the corner of my eye after I had to push my bike up a hill. It is extremely easy to change the shield, or anything else for that matter. Cheek pads and tophat come out very easily. Also the head shape is close to a shoei. It's mainly about what fits you.

·
Registered
738 Posts
2 Arai Corsair's, a red Colin Edwards and a Josh Hayes.

·
Registered
403 Posts
HJC AC-12 Carbon w/ HJC removed. I got it for looks lol. I liked the carbon and this or the joe rocket carbon are the only choices in this price range. Its a little loud and can get foggy, but I like it.

·
Registered
228 Posts
Suomy spec-1r exreme dragon. I love the fit of suomy helmets but they are loud as FUCK

----------------This Is My Next Helmet For Sure. Just dont have the money now.

But I do have:
HJC RTK101-Full Carbon - Love it. Fits good. Looks great. rarely fogs with great venting. only time there is noise is if you have all vents open with your head looking hard left/right hardly noticable but the only flaw. oh, Carbon Fiber is very fragile, I have more scracthed then i would prefer and i take meticulous car of my helmets.
KBC Dark Force RR- Mainly a back-up. I got a deal and it looks good. venting is horrible and it fits close to the face. can't find visors for sale at all.

*Will post pics later. I'm not at my comp.

·
Registered
180 Posts
Black Rubitone Icon Alliance SSR with Green mirror shield. Its ok a little heavy for me but as my first helmet and at 20% off i can not complain. I have had it for about 8 months or so and its been good. Not a lot of noise but the wind WILL grab it when shoulder checking.

·
Registered
3,690 Posts
rf1000>corsair>AC11

I love my rf1000, quiet, comfy and nice and small. The Arai is ok...loud and I don't like tha padding in the inside. AC11 is by far the worst helmet ever made...heavy, noisy, bad vents, etc...

Then:

Then and worst helmet by far....

·
Registered
111 Posts
I have the suomy spec 1r bostrom tattoo, with the gold iridescent shield. Its extremely light but I have to agree it is super loud. I am looking into a Shoei or Shark for this season. If there is any one that has owned a suomy and shark/shoei I would like to know how they comare

Attachments

·
Registered
382 Posts
my first was a scropion exo 400.. bought it at the dealership because i was a dumb newb.

i used a soumy spec 1r as my 2nd helmet.. them i bought a arai rx7rr hayden.. I love the arai.. it fits me like a pillow.. now I try on the soumy it feels weird.. I mayu have to retire the arai soon.

my next helmet of choice would be a shark helmet.. that or somethng cheaper with good protection.. but it must be light..

I spent thousands on gear.. but cant do that anymore..$$

·
Registered
2,630 Posts
I have an sheoi x-11. Shark's are nice too. I'll probably take a look at those next time I need to buy one.

·
Registered
1,811 Posts
Discussion Starter #18 (Edited)
Nice, lotta different brands and models.
My first one was an Icon Alliance, fit well, but very heavy and would buffet in the wind as a member previously stated before.
I love the RF-1000, it fits well, has decent ventilation and noise isn't too much of a problem. My one (minor) complaint is that only the cheekpads are removable (not the entire liner).. which would be so much more efficient in cleaning.
I would get another shoei, cept I kinda want to experiment. I've heard about Arai's being loud as Altec said, but real comfy. Shark's look good too. So many choices..

^ GREAT HELMET

·
Registered
1,266 Posts
I've got a Nolan made X-Lite 801R, orange-black Devil scheme.

Really love it and might never get a helmet of other make? Fitment is just super. It's loud though but that's why you can run plugs... :)

1 - 20 of 51 Posts