Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i recently bought a full akrapovic exhaust system for my 2001 zx6r and was wondering which jet kit works the best for the 4 into 1 system, im going to do the install myself and was leaning towards an ivans or factory pro, any help would be greatly appreciated

·
Registered
91 Posts
I've read good things about both. I myself would lean towards the Ivan's kit, especially if you're doing it yourself. You just call in your order and speak to Ivan personally I hear. Tell him what you have and they'll ship you out a kit that's set up with the best needle heights and jet sizes and ready to be dropped in.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
sweet thanks for the help ill see what i can come up with, also when i do this is carb synching required and if it is can this be done myself and what does it consist of

·
Registered
939 Posts
both factory pro and ivan's have technical support. i personally have a factory pro kit and i love it. your goiog to get excellent results with either its just takeing the time to tune it correctly so i would set aside a weekend to work on it. also find a local shop that has a dyno with a/f ratio.
that way when you get it where you like it you can take it in to get dynoed then fine tune from there.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
ivans site said it was designed for the akrapovic 4 into 1 exhaust so ill probably go with that one instead of factory

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.