Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
What kind of bike fits this exhaust?

Found this on craigslist the other day and the guy wanted $75 for it. He told me it was a full stainless steal yoshimura rs3 off an 05 zx6r. So..I drove about an hour to find out its a side mount exhaust?? I was like how the hell did you fit this on an 05 zx6r and asked him if he had to fabricate anything which he said no. Anyways, I doubt this belongs to my bike which is the 05 zx6r, and has the undertail exhaust. Since I drove all the way there anyways, I bought it and figured I could try to make a couple bucks off it and sell it. (make my gas money back haha) Does anybody have a clue what it belongs on? I was thinking maybe the 03-04 zx6r. Thanks for your help!

·
Premium Member
15,937 Posts
That looks a lot like an exhaust from a 2003/2004 ZX6R or ZX6RR

But I'm not totally sure.

·
That Fighter Guy
15,175 Posts
That looks a lot like an exhaust from a 2003/2004 ZX6R or ZX6RR

But I'm not totally sure.
My vote as well, based on the construction of the headers. Those look like stock headers btw.

It'll fit 03/04 ZX6R, but can also bolt up to a 98-02 ZX6R or 05-08 ZZR600.

It looks to be in pretty good shape though. $75 was a good deal, but the owner didn't know what he was selling. I doubt he even owned a ZX6R based on what he told you.

·
Registered
641 Posts
My vote as well, based on the construction of the headers. Those look like stock headers btw.

It'll fit 03/04 ZX6R, but can also bolt up to a 98-02 ZX6R or 05-08 ZZR600.

It looks to be in pretty good shape though. $75 was a good deal, but the owner didn't know what he was selling. I doubt he even owned a ZX6R based on what he told you.
+1

If u can verify and confirm if its for a zzr600 I know someone who might be interested

Sent from my Epic 4G using Motorcycle App

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
damn has rash at the same spot my exhaust does right at that elbow i need a new too

·
That Fighter Guy
15,175 Posts
+1

If u can verify and confirm if its for a zzr600 I know someone who might be interested

Sent from my Epic 4G using Motorcycle App
The 05-08 ZZR can use the same exhaust, headers and all. Some have issues with the collector area of the header contacting the oil pan, but this can be solved by using an 03/04 oil pan or tweaking the headers slightly. From all I've read though, this is really a non-issue.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for checking it out everybody. Like I said for $75 and the hour drive, I figured what the hell and just bought it. My buddy has an 02 zx6r and figured he might want it, but now he doesn't. Prolly just gonna put it up on ebay to see what I can get for it lol

1 - 7 of 7 Posts