Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,

I messed up today...dumped my friends bike.

It's a metal cover, like gunmetal grey, on the left side of the 03 zx6rr. Looks a lot like the clutch cover on the right side. I just need to find out what this part is where I can find it.

It's on the left side.

I'd upload a picture but I'm on my iPad and it's being difficult

·
Registered
121 Posts
Damn that sucks, its cool though that you're trying to fix his bike though as you should. The part you are looking for I imagine is the Stator Cover. NOT STARTER!!!....STATOR! You can find OEM ones for cheap on E-bay. Or Kawasaki Parts House has them but thats like buying it from the dealer which is expensive.

·
That Fighter Guy
15,175 Posts
If it's the cover that protrudes through the left side fairing, then it's the stator cover. It's typically the first thing to get f'd up in a lowside. You can replace it with any cover off of a 98-04 ZX6R and 05-08 ZZR600. The other models (outside of 03/04) are bronze in color though, but are the same fitment. Make sure to get a new gasket as well.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Appreciate it guys! You were both right, it was the generator stator cover. Not too much, $148 with the gasket.
So $148+$14 frame slider plastic+$20 for his gold pegs=better than total bike damage or worse.

Blows I can't believe I did it. Mines in the shop getting the valves shimmed, I being impatient, borrow his. The one day I do..lol but oh well. Fixed

Trying to sell my bike now at the moment..not happy about that

·
Registered
49 Posts
Appreciate it guys! You were both right, it was the generator stator cover. Not too much, $148 with the gasket.
So $148+$14 frame slider plastic+$20 for his gold pegs=better than total bike damage or worse.

Blows I can't believe I did it. Mines in the shop getting the valves shimmed, I being impatient, borrow his. The one day I do..lol but oh well. Fixed

Trying to sell my bike now at the moment..not happy about that
dang! i was going to send you to d2moto.com I bought some stuff from them a while back and saw they had the cover for $8.99 but I held off and now they're out!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts