Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm new to drag racing on the track but not new to riding a bike....... I'm just getting into the drags... My buddy has the same bike but its doin real nice in the 1/4's but i cant seem to launch nice. What should i launch at with my stock 636 with front tiedown and jumper mod? and what rpms should i shift at? I did a 8.22 in 1/8th... embarassing when my buddys pullin low 7's or high 6's but wont tell me what he's doin? please help!

·
Registered
5,773 Posts
i remember when i 1st took my 636 down the track when i bought it last yr i ran a 7.40 in the 1/8 @100mph i thought that was fast till i started seein other 600's run low 7.0 and high 6's, my best is to date is 7.0 with a 1.73 60ft, bike is swb geared -1 +2 with mods done to the bike in my signature, practice is the key like denmah stated to going fast man

·
Registered
138 Posts
I leave at 10.000 rpms. My best 60 is a 1.71, but that was with a bad clutch that I f'ed up trying to clutch up 2nd!

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
how do u keep the front wheel down leaving at 10k? My buddy went to do his first burnout and put the rpm at 8k and accidently let out the front brake and he wheelied like a mother and crashed lol........... so yea how do not wheelie the shit outta that thing?

·
Registered
5,773 Posts
its all in the clutch control man, best advice is go out and try slippin the clutch and try feedin more throttle, raise the rpm each pass till u get wheelspin or front end lift, i would say a good rpm to start with is 8k but thats just me, u might have to start lower, but keep at it and u will be cuttin some good 60ft's before u no it

·
Registered
1,660 Posts
how do u keep the front wheel down leaving at 10k? My buddy went to do his first burnout and put the rpm at 8k and accidently let out the front brake and he wheelied like a mother and crashed lol........... so yea how do not wheelie the shit outta that thing?
I believe he was stating his launch RPM. Sounds like your buddy made a newb mistake. All you have to do is hold the front brake and slide the clutch out at 4 to 5K. This is very simple drag racing technique, don't over complicate it.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Lol well it helps when the bike is about and inch off the ground ya know :p. Stock hight I cant even leave at 6 without it coming up like hell. Lower it and you be surprised, big time. I tried to clutch up 1st gear when it was lowered, it just hooked and took off, its an incredible difference.

·
Registered
138 Posts
And some advice.....dont dump the clutch. Treat is as if your normally taking off from a stoplight...but with higher RPMs ya know? Be smooooooth, and try at 6k hen 7k then 8k and so on until you feel youve reached the bikes limit.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.