Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
406 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
sorry but i put in a search and couldnt find anything. But my question is, when you are at a stoplight, what rpms are you taking off in? Are you gunning it and dumping the clutch to take off like a bat outta hell? Or are you just taking off just fast enough to get in front of cars?

·
Registered
1,834 Posts
Is that a real question?? I try and ride normal which means just in front of the cars with a small power wheelie and a quick shift into second holding the tire in the air then finishing with a 200 foot endo at the next light to do it again.

·
Registered
205 Posts
Is that a real question?? I try and ride normal which means just in front of the cars with a small power wheelie and a quick shift into second holding the tire in the air then finishing with a 200 foot endo at the next light to do it again.
:Laughing rolling:

·
Registered
28,787 Posts
Take it to the track, SQUID! :D

·
Registered
3,690 Posts
15,500 rpms of course!

·
Registered
382 Posts
its not a good idea to gun it right off a light.. there are people who run red lights.. it does not matter if I was lan sharing I take 0ff normal.. if you are too scared/comfident to laneshare with cars then you should stay behind them.. not next to them.

·
Registered
104 Posts
That's really a subjective question. Most people probably look both ways (left, right and left again). Then rev to about 3K RPM and easy out the clutch. Running the revs up until requiring (subjective) a shift to a higher gear. I try to stay next to another vehicle without being in their blind spot.

YMMV (your mileage may vary)

Take the MSF course if not the BRC then the ERC.

·
Banned
5,572 Posts
Im gunna go with i dont rev it at all and I drop the clutch real fast so my bike stalls and I gotta start it again, then ill go

Realistically, you really dont need to give it much gas to get going, i usual blip the throttle and clutch it out.

·
Registered
50 Posts
I must be a soft cock, as I pull away normally, but quick enough - if safe to do so, to get in front of any traffic. Can't see the point in blasting off only to have to brake hard in a a fwe yards time

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
lol..its funny that everyone thinks you are joking...

did you get to race this weekend?? get the bike running right?

·
Registered
1,834 Posts
did you get to race this weekend?? get the bike running right?
No.... I saw you called but since I didn't fix the bike we ran around trying to find breeders and get info on getting a new puppy. My bike might have held but might have blown up. I blew the head gasket or warped the head over heating it on the track so the motor now is gonna get the head redone and change bearings and rings.

·
Registered
10,037 Posts
lol, wow, i don't even rev out

1 - 14 of 14 Posts