Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 20 of 109 Posts

·
Registered
457 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I always wear my beaters such as my pumas and chucks while riding cause I hate to mess up my nike sb's and jordans. It sucks that I can't wear nice sneaks while riding. what shoes do you all wear when riding? sneakers, boots, flip-flops, no shoes..........???

·
Registered
18 Posts
I wear the alpinestars supertech 2008... i go with the full boot.. my boy busted his foot in 7 places wearing sneakers when he clipped a tree stump hangin in the road.. call me superstitious

·
Registered
679 Posts
I always wear my beaters such as my pumas and chucks while riding cause I hate to mess up my nike sb's and jordans. It sucks that I can't wear nice sneaks while riding. what shoes do you all wear when riding? sneakers, boots, flip-flops, no shoes..........???
I hope you are kidding...

I wear A* S-MX plus vented racing boots. I don't ride unless I am in full gear, which includes boots.

·
Registered
10,037 Posts
alpine smx full boot, seen way too many pics of ppl w/ broken ankles :D

·
Registered
33 Posts
I wear just regular beater shoes or else my fancy work shoes because i ride my bike to work almost every day. It scuffs them up a little bit but my bike always looks good on display at my car dealership.

·
Registered
692 Posts
Those SMX boots are popular. Its what I wear too! Just threw some Dr Scholls gel inserts in there and I can wear them all day long! They look cool too...

·
Registered
457 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
well my bike is my main ride to/from school and work so wearing boots to school everyday might seem a bit odd. Plus, I don't have any riding boots.

·
Registered
2,247 Posts
A*s SMX boots. You're just a broken or contused ankle waiting to happen. You'll have lots of time to think about how stupid you were to ride with sneakers while you're waiting for weeks on end to heal enough to ride again.

·
Powerhungry
38,386 Posts
over the ankle boots.

on the rare occasion my shoes..but thats rare, as my shifter is set for my boots, and shifting is difficult in the shoes.
ive yet to get some good riding boots. finally got some for offroad, and i friggin LOVE them. cant believe i rode this long without.

·
Registered
734 Posts
well my bike is my main ride to/from school and work so wearing boots to school everyday might seem a bit odd. Plus, I don't have any riding boots.
Might seem a bit odd not having a foot too.

Easy solution. Keep your school shoes in your locker. It's what I do every day for work.

·
Registered
3,690 Posts
Keep on making these dumb threads...oh btw grow some balls and reply to your 250cc thread.

·
Registered
207 Posts
A* SMX

If I'm going somewhere where I'm going to be walking a lot, I'll carry a pair of shoes in a backpack. I like my feet and ankles the way they are and I intend to keep them that way.

·
Steve Mcqueen Wannabe!
36,924 Posts
Keep on making these dumb threads...oh btw grow some balls and reply to your 250cc thread.
Haha N1, but no the next thread will be about wheelying or some other 'unsquidly' activity...

·
Registered
279 Posts
You just keep gathering up those squid points. I thought you said in your other post you weren't a squid and always wore gear.

Get some boots. You wont regret it. I feel alot more comfortable and confident on my bike wearing riding boots.

·
Registered
91 Posts
The first year I wore an old pair of Timbos. This year I got the SMX 4's too. They don't cost too much more that a nice pair of sneakers and they're worth it. When I work at the club I just throw my dress shoes in a back pack and change when I get there.

·
Registered
558 Posts
I just bought some Oxtar street boots/shoes... All this talk about contusions and compund ankle breaks and stuff I wish I would have got a more serious boot! Oh well its got to be better than regular shoes, I used to always wear a pair of military style boots till I got the Oxtars. With time ill get some real boots like A*smx

1 - 20 of 109 Posts