Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

What shoudl I do with my rashed jacket?

• Leave as-is: the Mad Max look

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Dye: yellow parts black, leave white as is

• Dye: yellow parts black, also dye the white with white (touchup)

• Dye: don;t touch the yellow at all, but do the white in white (touchup)

• Dye the whole bloody thing black

• Buy a new jacket

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,276 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What should I do with my rashed jacket??? I already dyed the gloves yellow after I patched them up etc...check the pics for a sample of how it looks. Although I still ahve to do another coat of dye, this was just a quick one to see how it would work. I don;t think I can find a yellow to come close, black and white I can get/do...so waddya think...

The only thing about the black dye...it seems to sort of harden the leather a bit, the gloves don;t feel as nice as before...maybe with time they'll break in. It may not match the black that's already on the jacket if I don't do the whole thing...not really a big deal.

I love the jacket and don't really want to replace it...or am I being too sentimental??? :) Lets hear some opinions.

Here's some glove pics so ya can see how they were and how they turned out after the dye job

·
Registered
1,563 Posts
I wiped out and scratched my shoei really bad on the chin and broke the vent tab off the front. My teknic jacket is rashed really bad on the inside of left arm. Both are still fully functional so I still wear them. I'm not going to try and fix them b/c I will probably go down again. Since the wreck I have gotten a new jacket and helmet. But, when you are out trying new stunts or riding like a bat out of hell it's good gear to have. I'll wear my rashed gear if my chances of going down are going to be increased. I still have my green tail on my yellow bike. Rash just adds character IMO. I kinda like the Mad Max look.

·
Premium Member
2,387 Posts
"the Mad Max look"????
Wait till you fall again and your jacket doesn't protect you. You'll have the Mad Rash look.
Buy another jacket.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Agreed with cyberdos. we should dress for the fall, not the look. If the gear is damaged significantly so that if you fall it does not do its job, its time for some new gear.

·
Registered
1,563 Posts
What are yall talking about? All his jacket needs is a couple of stitches. He should just fix that and keep wearing it. There is nothing wrong w/ it. I could understand if it had a gaping hole somewhere and it couldn't be fixed.

·
Registered
2,691 Posts
Sign "Jamie Hacking" on the back in blue marker with "#1" and sell it on e-bay. Dunno, those R6 guys are pretty gullible aren't they ??? :D

·
Registered
1,289 Posts
Originally posted by dj dunzie
Sign "Jamie Hacking" on the back in blue marker with "#1" and sell it on e-bay. Dunno, those R6 guys are pretty gullible aren't they ??? :D
lol...

·
Registered
1,276 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Haven't been on lately. but thanks for the votes. I'm just gunna keep it as is, get new gloves for street use. Keep the repaired ones for track only. As melloyello said, the gear is in excellent shape. I wouldn't use it if it was compromised (helmet was replaced, etc). These are comsmetic annoyances only. The left are, where it looks like the black leather is pulled up is not bad. There is another layer under it, and the black has been reattached over it. But it was just a hangnail anyway. The mad max look wins! I was just wondering if I'd scare people if I wore it to work or something LOL...maybe I'll get a commuter summer jacket just for that.

·
Registered
344 Posts
Leave as-is: the Mad Max look. (After you have them inspected and repaired)

I high sided a 929 at a track day in 2002. The leathers were sent back to Z to make sure they were sound. Z only had to change the armor in the elbows and knees (the leather and seams were). I still wear them regularly, they serve as a reminder of what can happen and have lots of character.

·
Registered
85 Posts
wear that mo fo with pride dog...if my bike was yella Id freakin buy that bad boy. Your girl got into your head...right? I t aint purty no more...F n please

·
Registered
53 Posts
Sorry to revive such an old post, but I am looking for gear and going through all the posts in this section...

What gloves are these pictured below?

Tks!!!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.