Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok guys, most of you dont know me, so it will be good getting some neutral advice...Anyways, I'm basicaly thinking of either keep modding the car (LS1 Trans Am), or stoping where i am, and getting a bike (the ZX6R-a blue one cause its faster:D ) Anyways, i'm getting bored of my car, no one will ever race me and i dont go to the track that often...The car makes mid 400s to the wheels right now(runs 11s on drag radials). If i get the bike, i'm taking the Stage 2 heads back off and putting the stock ones on (that would put me back to about 410 rwhp-thats what i dynoed cam only) and i would keep the cam and boltons still in there. The bike would be something new like a new toy, not just another mod...If i opt for not getting the bike, the heads would stay on and a wet kit would go on the car which would put me into mid 500s and an easy 10 sec pass...I dunno what to do, what do u all think?

Alen

P. S. Sorry for my confusing post, lol

·
Registered
91 Posts
O.K. I spent almost 10 years drag racing cars. It's a very expensive hobby. I always had a motorcycle on the side to drive back and forth to work. Once I got serious into bikes they are by far the most fun you will ever have. A drag strip is only 1/4 mile long. The two race tracks near me are 1.7 and 2.7 miles long.

To my point: motorcycles are alot cheaper. For $10,000 you can buy a bike that will do 10's in the quarter, 180mph on the road, take it to the track on sunday and ride it to work all week long. You can't do that with a 10 second street car that cost four times as much.

I do miss a drag car ever once in awhile, but all it takes is to go pull some stand-up wheelies and you think: who needs a car?

·
Registered
4,213 Posts
[:M14]my words exactly.

·
Registered
2,694 Posts
[:M58]it's a proven fact....people who buy crotch rockets are smarter[:M58]
heehee it IS rocket science!!

·
Registered
1,241 Posts
If you sell your car you can get a super fast bike, top-of-the-line gear, and plenty of money left over for track schools and track days. Get the bike!

·
Registered
2,406 Posts
Bike.
You can't get any better bang for the buck deal than with a bike.
Then trade the T/A for a Camaro SS, or a '71 Chevelle SS. :D

·
Registered
999 Posts
Get a bike, its cheaper and you can ride more than you can race. I have a 400hp s10 that I did race all the time till I started riding more. Now the truck sits and I ride more. I still like drag racing but when the weather is good you will be on the bike.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.