Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Newbie to the forum and with this being the evening after the day that I have just signed on the dotted line to buy my new ZZR600 I am thinking about what i can do to protect her from the big bad world? What extras are recommended and what can I do to help her survive the winter?

·
Registered
3,190 Posts
Keep the chain lubed properly, ie: lube it every 2 tanks of fuel or so in the dry, and almost every time you ride it in the wet. Riding on wet roads, or in the rain, strips chain lube off unbelievably quickly.

If your bike is likely to be outside in the rain, I'd spray some de-watering stuff (WD-40, CRC, etc.) into the ingition and fuel cap locks occasionally too.

·
Registered
474 Posts
and the obvious.... TAKE THE MSF COURSE! :)

and what the MSF course wont teach you is a) assume you are invisible to all the people in cars and b) when you arent invisible they are trying to run you over. seriously. smart street riding on a bike is all about defensive driving (kinda like what you are supposed to do in a car, but nobody does).

·
Registered
443 Posts
frame sliders. although i had a 01 zx6r (same bike) and a local shop told me the engine bolts don't match up to a point where the sliders would protect the plastic.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.