Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
624 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
haha jk
na but serious im looking for the nut size for the rear axil on my 07 so that i can take it off ad adjust my chain. i cant seem to find what size it is. it looks big like maybe 20mm?
soo does anyone know what size this is so i can go buy one.
thanks alot

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
Might help to be a little more clear when asking questions. Are you asking what size wrench to use to remove the nut? Or are you trying to replace the nut?
The tool kit comes with a wrench to remove the rear axle nut, or just use a large adjustable wrench.

·
Registered
624 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Might help to be a little more clear when asking questions. Are you asking what size wrench to use to remove the nut? Or are you trying to replace the nut?
The tool kit comes with a wrench to remove the rear axle nut, or just use a large adjustable wrench.
sorry if i was unclear
i am asking what size wrench to remove the nut. i forgot the tool kit had one. but i would need to know what size it is so i can get that size in a socket that way i can use my torque wrench to tighten it down.

·
Premium Member
3,573 Posts
My wife says mine are a nice mouthful for 2

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
go to any large chain auto store. It is used for the removal of front axles in some front wheel drive cars. Also autozone, napa, or murrays can order it for ya. Don't buy the impact socket just the regular one.

·
Registered
13 Posts
hey, anyone know what size socket you need to remove the front axle? i used a tape measure and it appears to be 22 mm? that sound right and do i need two, one for each side?

·
Registered
624 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
i think for the front u need like a huge allen socket or somthing

alright guys i found one at sears. thanks for the help. i re did chain tension. i gotta say the hardest part was making the left and right sides line up the same. i hope there good.
if they are off will i feel it??
will it affect me at the track?
thanks for the help guys

1 - 19 of 19 Posts