Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What speed do you guys see/find as acceptable on the freeways and highways in the States?? I was curious because one comment from one of the guys here that got pulled at 3mph over the posted limit!

In the UK we have a 70mph limit on the motorways (same as your highways I think), and we can quite happily get away, most times, at driving/riding at 80mph past the cops, and general road speed is around 80 - 90 mph for a lot of people who drive/ride on the motorways.

So what is the general speed that you can safely travel at on your highways without getting pullled??

· Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Over the past few months here, we have had a few people, one in a car, and two on bikes who have been jailed for exceeding the posted limit [:0]

one guy was disqualified though, so it serves him right, he was caught in Scotland I think it was doing 156mph in a BMW M3.

the other two guys were caught by a speed camera, doing 157mph on a ZX12R and 148mph on a ZX7R in a 70 mph limit. They were also charged with dangerous driving. If I am correct they were only jailed for about 3 months, you know, along with murderers, rapist, kiddly fiddlers, muggers, etc etc etc.

Another guy about 3 years ago got caught at 179mph on a fireblade (again if my memory serves me correctly) and he was jailed for 12 months, the justice system in England is totally fooked up I tell ya.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.