Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
When on the freeway mine runs at 69 C (156 F)

When putting around town or working it a little harder than usual it runs at anywhere between 75 (167) and 100 (212)

Oh it's a 2000 J1 as well.

Bend the rules & Rule the bends...

·
Registered
2 Posts
gotta '95 6r that runs kinda cold when I'm cruisin'. I still have an analog temp gauge, so 'cold' means that the temp needle is almost at the 'C'. Some say bikes run cooler while cruisin, but should mine run THIS cold? The reason I ask is cuz I was gettin' terrible mpg (20 mpg!), and I know that cold motors run rich (i think), so I blocked 1/3 of my radiator with cardboard to bring the temps back up. The result? 29mpg, which I think is closer to what a bike should get. Mind you, I'm a newbie, and I don't ride hard. Any suggestions on why the bad mpg? I'm thinking bad thermostat and coolant, but any help would be appreciated. thanks guys!

·
Registered
52 Posts
Hi ya Jeff :D

I got an '02 636 which runs at about 90 degrees celcius when fully warmed up............varies between 85 and 95.

Cant say ive had it running anywhere near 70 even when cruising.

Dave!

·
Registered
22 Posts
Jeff i have the same bike only a 97 model. I've only had it for a month or so and mine runs the same way. The temp needle is always just a little above "C" while cruising along at a steady pace. This is my 8th bike and none of the others were ever this cold natured. Mine also takes forever to warm up even with the temps in the 70's before i go out for a ride. I've never seen the needle even get close to the middle of the gauge. I've had the same question on my mind so hopefully someone on here will have some insight as to whether this is normal or we do have a problem. GOOD LUCK

BWARE

·
Registered
211 Posts
My 02 runs at 158° on the e-way and if I'm putting around town its average is 167°

[image]http://mywebpage.netscape.com/kpstaley28/sittingpretty.jpg[/image]
If she ain't screaming you ain't doing it right!!!

·
Registered
700 Posts
anywhere from the 150s-160s, depends how hot the ambient air is

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.