Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
335 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Since it had been two weeks since I had a bike related tragedy, I guess I was due.

Last night some piece of shit kicked over my bike in a parking lot. Never been there before and dont know anyone that I have pissed off.

The abrieviated version is as follows. I was over helping out a friend with an ISDN install in a real estate office, and we heard his truck alarm go off and I saw a mustang leave the parking lot. I assumed that the exhaust set off his alarm and that was that. My bike was parked on the otherside of the truck and so was not completely visible. I had just been outside a few minutes before and know that my bike was OK. within 5 minutes after the mustang left someone came to the door and told me that a bike was on its side in front of the office.

The mustang assholes came from the bar in the shopping center and after I spoke to the owner of the bar I know that they are the only ones to leave within the time period that I cannot account for, with the exception of the guy who stopped by to tell me that my bike was down.

Im really hoping they are regulars as I know where I will be tonight.

I guess my questions are this. What in the fuck is wrong with people? Why screw with someones stuff for no reason? If I had a stereo to steal, I get that. They are looking for material gain. To just go over and ruin someone stuff for no reason is beyond me. I did nothing to these guys, never even, met, saw or talked to them.

My second question is more technical. I suffered a broken footpeg a scratched up bar end and exhaust and a pretty shattered right fairing. The footpeg and bar end have been ordered from Ron Ayers and hopefully will be here before the weekend so I can ride like I was planning. (does anyone know how long Ron Ayers should take to get me that stuff?) The exhaust I am not goint to lose any sleep over as I was going to replace it anyway, though until I do, I know i have a big scratch on it. [:M63]The plastic is what really concerns me.

Ironically I was going to replace the stock signals this weekend, but apache had to order parts. If I had the flushmounts already on, I wouldn't have an issue, but as it stands the stock signal shattered the plastic around it. I did forget to upload the pictures I took or it, so I appologize, but assuming I have all the pieces can I do some sort of plastic repair or do I have to shell out the $330 for a new fairing. If I have to buy a new fairing can I do it for less than $330 without having to scour ebay?

Lastly, I just looked over my message and realized that an Illiterate person could have written it more clearly. Sorry I guess I am still pretty pissed and am typing 120 angry words per minute.

-Squidly

·
Registered
3,112 Posts
I don't think you'll find any new fairings for under $300. I've never had to buy any before, but from what I've seen, they are damn expensive. I know ebay has a lot of scams going on, but I would check it out anyway. It could save you a lot of money.

By the way, that sucks that someone would mess with your bike for no reason other than they are assholes.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Someone just kicked your bike over for no reason??[V] Sounds stupid to me...Some people are just jealous they don't have one I guess, or maybe you had beef with someone before and they took it out on your bike?? Either way, that just sucks!!!

·
Registered
3,106 Posts
I would let the cops know your situation. If you tell them the sequence of events, they would have reason to suspect it was the people in the Mustang as well. Then, if you see that Mustang at the bar again, give those cops a call to have them come over.

·
Registered
335 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Guess I left that part out. I did call the copy and file a police report, however they were less than helpful. I had to argue with the dispatcher to get her to even send out a car.

Their argument was "It could have fallen over by itself". While this is true to an extent, if the bike was leaning to the left and fell to the right, that is not really possible. Eventually they gave up arguing and sent an officer.

·
Registered
558 Posts
that sux big time, sorry to hear bout that man. where was it at? and are you sure they kicked it over for no reason or could they have hit it cause they were drunk or some shet? and you can get unpainted fiberglass fairings for real cheap on opp racing. but yea tell me where it was at so i can stay the fk away from there.

·
Registered
3,728 Posts
i have been a victim of mistaken identity a time or two..perhaps this was the case?

someone they hate rides the same type bike as you?

·
Registered
1,340 Posts
No offense to any cops on the board but the hell with dealing with the police when it comes to an issue like this cause it's useless. I'd figure who it was for sure and if it is the guys in the Stang then just wait till there having a beer and have a little fun with their car!

I know it sounds childish, but if it was you would you rather someone just come confront you about it or fuck with your ride. Hit em where it hurts, mess with their car![}:)]

·
Registered
2,691 Posts
Dman, can't say I'm with ya on this one. I personally don't see the point in risking a criminal record over getting retribution for a bike that may or may not have been tipped over by these guys (if you in fact get the right guys).

Squidly, sorry to hear about this. Always makes me sick to hear about things like that. You going through insurance to get the bike fixed up or doing it out of your own pocket? Either way, it's still sickening.

Hard as it is, I never like parking the bike out of my sight whenever possible. There's too many morons in the world. Sounds like you ran into one or two of 'em.

·
Registered
335 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Well.. There were three guys in the car and I am not 100% that it was them, but my spidey sense is tingling. I am still working on a plan, but I want to ensure that it was them. Id post the location, but incase anything goes on.... Ill just say it was the west side of town, which I would avoid entirely if I didn't live on it.

As far as being nice to the cops, I was as nice as I could be. Trying to get them to give me a police report was like pulling teeth and frustration was certainly begining to set in. Honestly I dont think I was rude though. The point was for insurance purposes, but I think since I can fix the damage for ~$400, it isn't worth the time.

Sixftnine, thanks for the link. Ill probably go that way. Dont suppose you know a good paint place?

-S

·
Registered
558 Posts
yea i kno some guys at macco deer valley. they did my current car and my old truck. the paint job on my car isnt that bad at all concidering the fact that i was being a cheap ass so i got what i paid for, theres just a couple of spots on the hood but every thing else looks just fine. my truck however was fkn superb(sp?) i think it actually looked better than the original paint. you might wanna get your own paint from color-rite(i forget the link) so your sure the color will match where ever you take it. i also kno some shops that'll plastic weld.

·
Registered
335 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Originally posted by sixftnine
yea i kno some guys at macco deer valley. they did my current car and my old truck. the paint job on my car isnt that bad at all concidering the fact that i was being a cheap ass so i got what i paid for, theres just a couple of spots on the hood but every thing else looks just fine. my truck however was fkn superb(sp?) i think it actually looked better than the original paint. you might wanna get your own paint from color-rite(i forget the link) so your sure the color will match where ever you take it. i also kno some shops that'll plastic weld.
Ill definately look into the paint.

BTW, where do you know that does the plastic work?

·
Registered
882 Posts
I've had that happen before... my bike got tipped one night, but whoever did it picked it back up for me.

I still had to repair damaged farings and the mirror. Aside from the damage though, the give away was that the bike was parked differently than I had left it... in such I way that I try to avoid - right in the middle of the oily patch one can generally find right in the middle of the parking stall!

Sorry to hear about your luck man...

·
Registered
1,340 Posts
Originally posted by dj dunzie
Dman, can't say I'm with ya on this one. I personally don't see the point in risking a criminal record over getting retribution for a bike that may or may not have been tipped over by these guys (if you in fact get the right guys).

Squidly, sorry to hear about this. Always makes me sick to hear about things like that. You going through insurance to get the bike fixed up or doing it out of your own pocket? Either way, it's still sickening.

Hard as it is, I never like parking the bike out of my sight whenever possible. There's too many morons in the world. Sounds like you ran into one or two of 'em.
I had a feeling you wouldn't agree with me on this one. However In my dealings with the police in situations like this nothing ever gets done. It's were sorry there's really nothing we can do, and I understand that. If you can't legally prove someone did it, but you know with out a doubt in your mind who it was I'd get a little revenge.

I had a dirt bike stolen a couple years ago while i was on vacation by a punk kid down the road and I caught him riding it several times but everytime I'd call the police it would some how vanish by the time they got to his house and he'd just tell them it was his buddies bike and not mine. After about the fifth time I never saw that bike again. It's ok though because as soon as that little punk hit 18 he got sent to boot camp for stealing a car!:D

I was just saying that sometimes the best way to serve a little justice is to do it yourself. I did not say if you think they did it get em back but if you KNOW they did it get em back.

·
Registered
558 Posts
BTW, where do you know that does the plastic work?
i dont kno him personally so i dont kno where hes at but one of my buddies had some work done from him and says hes pretty good. its Body By Tone his names Anthony m.602.549.3369 o.623.581.7311
i got a bunch of others ppl's cards too, i get one every time i go out.

·
Registered
2,691 Posts
Originally posted by dman
I had a feeling you wouldn't agree with me on this one. However In my dealings with the police in situations like this nothing ever gets done. It's were sorry there's really nothing we can do, and I understand that. If you can't legally prove someone did it, but you know with out a doubt in your mind who it was I'd get a little revenge.

I had a dirt bike stolen a couple years ago while i was on vacation by a punk kid down the road and I caught him riding it several times but everytime I'd call the police it would some how vanish by the time they got to his house and he'd just tell them it was his buddies bike and not mine. After about the fifth time I never saw that bike again. It's ok though because as soon as that little punk hit 18 he got sent to boot camp for stealing a car!:D

I was just saying that sometimes the best way to serve a little justice is to do it yourself. I did not say if you think they did it get em back but if you KNOW they did it get em back.
Well, my only comeback would be that if you KNOW they did it, why not relay that info to the police. If you got a plate and a LITTLE evidence it was them, let them try to talk to them. Maybe the guy would fess up and say it was an accident. Maybe he'd agree now that the police are on it to at least pay the deductible or fix the bike outright.

I agree in most of these cases, there's either NO evidence to suggest who did it, or at least not enough to do any further investigating, but my only point was that if you think you know who did it and who they are, if you weren't going to be able to get police assistance, maybe it's better to confront him than do the same to his car. Maybe you could get him nervous by saying you have a witness who saw it, or that there's video surveillance of the lot (sneaky okay, but not criminal ;)).

Either way, it still sucks. I think we all agree Squidly got screwed in the whole deal, and hope he gets it fixed up without too many problems.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.