Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
689 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay, so I have my heart SET on a new 2003 SILVER 6R. BUT I have always wanted it in green or orange from the very day it came out. I am almost tempted to get a RR just for the green. And I know teh orange looks fricken sweet cuz I have seen the 03 7Rs in it, beautiful!!! And now there is a post saying the '04 636s will be comming in green AND orange!?? Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo. WTF am I supposed to do? I mean, silver is still the pimpinest color, but orange would just kick ass. I am scheduled to buy my silver baby on the first of Oct. I have asked the guys at the dealership here in Vegas when the 04s come out. They tell me its not till like DEC or JAN. Are they BSing just so I buy my bike ASAP? Does anyone know when the 04s will be hitting the dealerships??? Someone HELP! lol.

·
Registered
7,145 Posts
I was told Dec/Jan here also.

Dec for the 6's and the 10r most likely not until Jan.

-Flash

·
Registered
3,119 Posts
Wait for the '04. No matter what, you'll have the different bike here in Las Vegas. Nothing but Gixxers everywhere anyways. I'm sure everyone will jump on the new one as quick as possible. Besides, get what you REALLY want or you'll be sorry later.

By the way, which dealer are you looking for the bike at??

·
Registered
689 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hey KEN! I will be picking the bike up from Kawasaki Motorsports on Rancho Drive. Kinda near Summerlin. I told them I refuse to pay ANY bullshit fees. I will buy the bike ONLY if it is MSRP + Tax. Actually, I don't see many GIxxers at all. All I see is Busas and Yamahas alot. Especially on teh strip. Whenever I walk it, tehre are usually small to medium groups of guys parked and jsut posing next to their bikes. OF course, I have seen Ninjas and Hondas, but mostly Yamahas R1s and R6s. I Want my bike NOW dammitt!!!! But orange...can't decide.....<Sigh>

·
Registered
3,119 Posts
Originally posted by duh1nonly

Hey KEN! I will be picking the bike up from Kawasaki Motorsports on Rancho Drive. Kinda near Summerlin. I told them I refuse to pay ANY bullshit fees. I will buy the bike ONLY if it is MSRP + Tax. Actually, I don't see many GIxxers at all. All I see is Busas and Yamahas alot. Especially on teh strip. Whenever I walk it, tehre are usually small to medium groups of guys parked and jsut posing next to their bikes. OF course, I have seen Ninjas and Hondas, but mostly Yamahas R1s and R6s. I Want my bike NOW dammitt!!!! But orange...can't decide.....<Sigh>
Sounds good, Just don't deal with Desert Motorsports, they'll screw you every which way. I was going to say for you to go to that one on Rancho if you did. I will admit, I do see a lot of Busas, but more gixxers than anything else. I live down off of Eastern and the 215 and see them EVERYWHERE!!

As for the bike, I'd say hold out and see what they have coming out. You'll be kicking yourself in the ass if you get something and then see what you REALLY want afterwards. This pic was posted in another topic to give you some thoughts about what to do:

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
IS that the actual orange or just a photoshop picture? Also are you sure the US is getting orange as a colour?

·
Registered
4,213 Posts
i think thats a photoshop job. i was hoping the orange be a little bit darker. i would still get it. hmmm, 03 or 04?

·
Registered
3,119 Posts
It is photoshopped NX MX5 did it, but used the orange off the ZX7R from Kawasaki.com to do it so I'm thinking it should be pretty close to what the actual one should look like.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Another thing to consider: if there are no mechanical changes for '04, you can likely get an '03 and paint the bodywork any color you like for less than what you'll have to spend on an '04...

If you pay MSRP + tax, you'll be paying too much for an '03...

I just paid ~$7500 OTD here in Phoenix. The dealer has a couple left, and he told me he had sold several to Las Vegas folks. It's only a 4 hour drive... :D

·
Registered
474 Posts
Originally posted by Rodan

Another thing to consider: if there are no mechanical changes for '04, you can likely get an '03 and paint the bodywork any color you like for less than what you'll have to spend on an '04...

If you pay MSRP + tax, you'll be paying too much for an '03...

I just paid ~$7500 OTD here in Phoenix. The dealer has a couple left, and he told me he had sold several to Las Vegas folks. It's only a 4 hour drive... :D
Which dealer was this at, and do they have any blue ones?

·
Registered
50 Posts
Apache Motorcycles on Camelback.

They had a red one and a black one left... blues are all gone, and I got the last silver.

·
Registered
474 Posts
Thanks. Yeah, there don't seem to be any blues left in the valley, so I'm gonna end up going black or silver. Probably silver.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.