Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
810 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I'm trying to straighten my forks inside the triples, I think they got twisted last summer and its FINALLY pissing me off to no end. I was wondering how LOOSE can i make the top and bottom pinch bolts before the bike slides RIGHT through the forks? lol I know someone told me to have an upper stand for the bike but I dont have one. Maybe have two friends hold both sides??? I mean I loosened the top and got it mostly straight but still want a few more twerks, if you know what i'm saying.

-Naor

·
Premium Member
3,573 Posts
Originally posted by RCapNY
Strap it to the ceiling of ur garage or shed or whatever ur doing the work in.
HEY, I was gonna say that. Whenever I have to do any work to the front of my bike...even cleaning, I use a couple rachit style tie down straps and loop one end over the rafter in my garage and then the other end to the top triple tree.

·
Registered
810 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
no garage = problem :D

maybe the winch at work. hahaha ok thanks guys

·
Registered
950 Posts
Originally posted by Riding4life

HEY, I was gonna say that. Whenever I have to do any work to the front of my bike...even cleaning, I use a couple rachit style tie down straps and loop one end over the rafter in my garage and then the other end to the top triple tree.
What's the word on how this would work on the rear? Could I use 2 straps tied to the rear pegs?

·
Registered
810 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
PROBABLY. just make sure theyre stable enough LOL [:0]

·
Registered
414 Posts
Since money is tight try this. If you have a floor car jack or a friend of yours does take off your lower, put a block of wood across your oil pan and jack it up. Use a piece of wood thin enough to slide between the header and pan. I did that plus the ceiling strap trick when I pulled my forks to have race tech valves and springs put in. Have a freind or two available so it doesn't tip over.

·
Registered
394 Posts
OK,Im officially jacking this thread. My steering is also not straight, end here I thought I was the only one, it wasnt skew at first, but it is now. Precisely HOW do I fix it? Please speak slooowly... as I'm not stoopid but I dont have much knowladge on bikes.

Thanks

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.