Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2,035 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was thing of polishing the rims or rims on my 03 636. the bike blue. does any on have pics of that polished or chromed. I also did the rotor on my old 01. how would that look on a 03
here is a pic of a friend wheels and rotors but green

·
Registered
266 Posts
i would leave it as it is, just because is a pain trying to keep that metal polished and clean.. my rims are polished and i promise i would never do it again

·
Registered
91 Posts
I'm with zx6rballa they are a pain to keep clean. I polished the rims on a GSX-R I had and had to clean them all the time. I have a RGV250 and I had the rims powdercoated and let me tell you that is the way to go. They are easier to clean than stock. And look better.

·
Registered
446 Posts
The one major thing that has keept me from polishing anything on my bike (except with wax) is the fact that the manufacturer makes it just strong enough. One of the big things is making the lightest bike possible. They do this in a bunch of ways, one of which is making the parts as thin as they can safely make them. This also saves them a lot of money. So every time someone takes a can of metal polish to their bike's wheels or frame they are making those peices thinner and thinner. Which makes those parts weaker. That's why I haven't polished the frame or wheels. No don't get me wrong you could more then likely do this safely for years, depending on how often you polished them. But the way I see it is why take the chance, that and it's easier to wash it and hose it off then to polish it clean.

·
Registered
4,295 Posts

·
Registered
2,694 Posts
[:0]....you took off that nice gold colour!!
tho if you threw on a crome windshield and some other crome stuff it could look pretty cool

·
Registered
218 Posts
I was never a fan of polising large items on a bike like frames, wheels, etc. IMO, polised bits should be small stuff like hangers and brackets. Just enough to accentuate the bike. More than that and it quickly becomes gaudy.
Oh, yeah, it's a PITA to keep shiny, too:D.
Cheers, Lee S.

·
Registered
2,035 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
how much to do the rims and the frame??

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.