Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
To make a long story short, I layed the bike down at about 20mph. Hard braking and little bit of oil = low side. Anyways, I cracked the upper fairing, on the clutch side, right inbetween the clutch lever and the headlight. The rest of the fairings have a little rash, nothing major. I'm debating on how I want to fix this.

1. Buy new OEM fairings. This is my number 1 option, but I just can't seem to find any for sale, or when I do, they're retarded expensive...

2. Sell the good fairings and use the money to pay for a set of race fairings. But I really don't want to go throught the whole fitment/preping/painting ordeal...

3. Find a place to repair them, but then I still have to go through the preping/painting. I haven't looked into it yet, so I'm unsure on the price. If anyone's done this chime in on the price and the chance they'll color match it correctly.

4. Leave it...

Any input is appreciated.

·
Registered
270 Posts
To make a long story short, I layed the bike down at about 20mph. Hard braking and little bit of oil = low side. Anyways, I cracked the upper fairing, on the clutch side, right inbetween the clutch lever and the headlight. The rest of the fairings have a little rash, nothing major. I'm debating on how I want to fix this.

1. Buy new OEM fairings. This is my number 1 option, but I just can't seem to find any for sale, or when I do, they're retarded expensive...

2. Sell the good fairings and use the money to pay for a set of race fairings. But I really don't want to go throught the whole fitment/preping/painting ordeal...

3. Find a place to repair them, but then I still have to go through the preping/painting. I haven't looked into it yet, so I'm unsure on the price. If anyone's done this chime in on the price and the chance they'll color match it correctly.

4. Leave it...

Any input is appreciated.
What color is your bike? I have a titanium upper fairing with a few light scratches on the right side from being knocked over in a parking lot. I might be interested in selling it.

·
Registered
189 Posts
my bike is held together by duct tape at the moment after laying it down from a 4foot drop off the back of a uhaul truck... :(

1 - 9 of 9 Posts