Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm working on a little project of lightening up my Ninja.

A few years ago I read about a ZX6 piece that is made of aluminum but it was only on or after a certain year.

The part I am asking about is the piece of shift linkage that is mounted to the engine. It is rectangular, has a serrated hole through it and a pinch bolt, it connects to the rod and that rod goes back and attaches to the shift pedal.

It is is mounted down low on the left side of your engine. It converts the push from your shift pedal into a twist.

On your way out for a ride, grab a magnet and see if your shift part is steel or aluminum.

I know it won't save me a ton of weight but I am looking for the cheap/easy weight reduction pieces right now.

·
Neutered
9,656 Posts
I'm working on a little project of lightening up my Ninja.

A few years ago I read about a ZX6 piece that is made of aluminum but it was only on or after a certain year.

The part I am asking about is the piece of shift linkage that is mounted to the engine. It is rectangular, has a serrated hole through it and a pinch bolt, it connects to the rod and that rod goes back and attaches to the shift pedal.

It is is mounted down low on the left side of your engine. It converts the push from your shift pedal into a twist.

On your way out for a ride, grab a magnet and see if your shift part is steel or aluminum.

I know it won't save me a ton of weight but I am looking for the cheap/easy weight reduction pieces right now.

You're talking about a couple OUNCES, man. Eat one less egg for breakfast and you'll make up the same amount of weight.:dunno:

·
Registered
226 Posts
Well mine is aluminum, however like he said, thats where you wanna take weight from, wont make a difference at all. The rider weight reduction mod is the most effective but hardest to do. I suggest taking a shit before each race. No really, strip it, naked style. run with less gas. IDK

·
Premium Member
2,669 Posts
don't listen to the unconverted.....over time those bits and pieces add up....like the wheel spacers for the 98-99 are aluminum....00-02 steel......slick and simple.

the various bits of titanium, and aluminum bolts and nuts collected from ebay at discount pricing has made a slow but steady diet of my 6R....well under weight of the common 6R's out there.....but they call me crazy too.....

J

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.