Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone, I just got a 01 9R and have been riding it around for a few weeks and am not too thrilled with the way it handles. How do I go about seeting up the suspension? What order do I change adjustments in? I have never set up the suspension on a bike before.
Does anyone one out there have a good setup they can recomend? I am 5'10", 170lbs.

·
Registered
1,728 Posts
Hey man, I am in the same boat. The suspension on my 03 9r is much stiffer than the it was on my 99 6e. I feel every little bump in the road and my ass almost flies out of the seat. I can't really complain about it, because the bike is newer and does have a better suspension. I am 5'11" and about 185 lbs or so and I need to have my suspension adjusted as well.

·
Registered
399 Posts
whatever you guys do dont go out and buy a new rear shock or new forks youd just be spendin big bucks.sport rider magazine has a website and they answer question like that, about adjusting damping and rebound on forks and shocks

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks oldzedder for the link. They have suggestions for 00 and 02. Mine is a 01, which is more correct?

ZX-9R ('00) 4/00 2 lines showing 3 clicks out 8 clicks out 6 turns out from soft 2 clicks out 10 clicks out
note:
ZX-9R ('00) 8/00 4 lines showing 4 clicks out 4 clicks out 3 turns in from stock 3 clicks out 10 clicks out
note: with Metzeler Rennsport race tires
ZX-9R ('02) 8/04 5 lines showing 1.25 turns out 1.25 turns out 15mm thread showing 5 turns out 3 turns out
note: set fork tube height to 5mm showing above triple clamp with Michelin

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.