Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im looking for a jacket and was curious for some opinions on what people think are the best. Mainly for the comfort and preferbly one that I can get in blue.

thanks

·
Registered
298 Posts
hey 6r are you looking for a summer jacket or winter jacket? i have a joe rocket reactor and its pretty nice for summer riding because its preferated. i want to get an alpinestars tz-1 for winter i tried one and and its very confortable!

·
Registered
605 Posts
Hey 6rNole, you will definately want a textile jacket for the summer heat in Tally. I have the Joe Rocket Phoenix. It cools very well, and has sewn in padding, and removable armor. For cooler weather I also have an Alpinestars perfed (only available in red) Stunt jacket with a removable liner. That jacket will also zip to A-stars' Track Pants. Excellent quality. You should also check out the A-stars' Dyno jacket. A buddy has one in blue. Very sharp.

·
Registered
1,966 Posts
I'd go with a jacket with removable armor, or none at all. NOT a dress jacket, but one that isn't so bulky and awkward when you get off the bike. But that's taking a safety risk I guess if you crash. My jacket is sort of formed to the position on a sportbike, and doesn't have much in the way of armor, but chicks look great in it and its comfortable on and off the bike. I like the A-Stars P-1 Jacket, or the Hero. The P-1 has armor, the Hero doesn't.

·
Registered
700 Posts
I love my astars tz-1 leather jacket. It just fits me really well.

·
Registered
206 Posts
Check out Hein Gericke. They regularly do well on product surveys and have a great range of jackets and all sorts of other riding gear.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I've been looking at Joe Rocket. Anyone have experince with them? What does you think of them? Are they worth the money?

·
Registered
364 Posts
i have a joe rocket jacket that i bought for my kids when they ride with me. Its a leather/ textile. dont know the name of it though. its a 2003 model. The leather is less than desirable, cause its too thin. I would not recommend it for riding purposes as it would not protect much in a fall.

·
Registered
391 Posts
Everyone forgot the best leathers made. VANSON!! They make a fully perforated leather red/black combo that is sick. Model is the huricane. You will not find a finer jacket on the market. PERIOD!!

·
Registered
1,872 Posts
If you're just looking for a riding Jacket (not two piece or full suit) for all weather, I would stay away from leather. If you ever get caught in the rain you'll know why. LOL.

So anyways, if you're looking for all weather, every day type of jacket, I'd DEFINITELY (sp?) go with a textile jacket with a removable (cold weather) liner and armour over leather. I'm a bit partial to my Joe Rocket Hard Drive jacket, but that is only because I crashed in on a while back and it did an EXCELLENT job protecting my entire upper body. Jacket go damaged pretty good, but my body didn't and in the end, that's all that matters.

Best thing to do is to go and try some on at a local shop and then when you have your fit and style, go online and save some $$.

Once again, I'd recomend staying away from leather for an everyday all weather jacket just because leather is MUCH heavier, doesn't allow you to control temperature very well and WILL NOT keep you dry if it rains... at all. Some will argue the protection benefits of leather over textile, but you're talking street riding not track. Leather wears better for long slides, but odds of you sliding on pavement for 100+ feet on a street fall are unlikely and even if you do, you have the armour in the areas where you need it.

Anyways, just my two cents, being the owner of several different types or riding gear.

·
Registered
266 Posts
i just won the auction of any of the nexx unlimited jackets. i dont know which one to pick, but it will most likely be this one here.. by the way a size 44 equivalent to a large

heres the second one, but if i do get that one i will look like the kid from biker boys

·
Registered
344 Posts
I have a Joe Rocket Ballistic jacket and pants. Its 5 years old and is a bit thin (partly due to age and regular washing). It probably wouldn't hold up in a higher speed sliding accident. But, its fine for short rides. An aerostitch suit will probably replace them in the next year or so.

I also have a 1-piece set of custom leathers from Z (<-- see avatar). I'm 6'3", 185# and needed a custom set. These are extremely nice, Z also continue to improve their products every year. Any time we go out for a ride, I wear them. They're not very practical on the street, but accidents happen and the inconvenience of full leathers outways the need for skin grafts.

http://www.zcustom.com/

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.