Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2007 Kawasaki 650R. It just turned 12,000 miles. I bought it used one year ago with new tires. The chain and sprockets are good. From what I've gathered, I shouldn't have any maintenance until the 15,000 mile inspection except for a yearly oil change. I only ride between 2-3 thousand miles per year. How good are these Kawasaki 650Rs? Could I take it up to 50,000 miles while still being cost effective enough to keep it? Thank you.

·
Registered
195 Posts
I am not sure how many others from Rider Forums come here but one of them has over 90K and another at 50K. I am sure there are others with high mileage also so you should have no concerns for awhile about reliability for the miles you put on.

90,000 Mile Report

·
Registered
1,797 Posts
If you maintain it well it should go at least 50,000 miles. You'll need to adjust the valves, change the clutch, change forks seals. I've had a bike to 38,000 before i wrecked it. :( honestly, the bike will probably get wrecked before it dies of natural causes. Not saying anything about you just speaking of statistics.

·
Registered
448 Posts
I think it all depends on how long you want to keep the bike. Like the other posters said the bike will last a while as long as it is well maintained. If you don't see yourself keeping it long term I would want to sell it either before that 15k service or sometime after it before the next major interval at probably 22.5k. I wouldn't want to spend the money on the 15k service if you're going to sell it at 16k but I also wouldn't sell the 650 unless you feel you're ready for whatever bike you would be getting to replace it. Theres a lot of factors so you'll have to decide for yourself what's best for you. Maintaining a bike will probably be cheaper in the long run than getting a new one everytime you get near a major service interval.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
3,672 Posts
bikes are just like cars.

if you dont plan on maintaining it its going to break on you regardless of miles

1 - 6 of 6 Posts