Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 72 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
need to pick one up this week... have a 2001 zx6r, what's the best throaty sounding slip on that won't cost me over $400.00?

·
Registered
4,213 Posts
d&d. try a search and youll see its up to your style(carbon, polished, colored)and pipe prices if your buying used.

·
Registered
545 Posts
I got an aluminum Micron bolt-on for less than $300 new. Love the sound, throaty, mean and not toooo loud and def not whiney at higher RPMs

·
Registered
391 Posts
I vote for yosh trs. Got mine new in Stainless for 345.00 direct from yosh's web site. The trs sounds sick.And the have free ups ground when you order from the website

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
thanks guys... looks like the "brothers" are coming home!

ordered the bolt on... the slip on didn't work without some welding which I'm not prepared to do myself... bolt-on should swap right in.. thanks cyberdos for your input... (you were right, the damn salesman didn't know what he was talking about..)

thanks again...peace!

·
Registered
41 Posts
the muzzy i have is really loud. i just put a full akra race system on and it makes a lot more power than the muzzy. the akra isnt quite as loud until you get above 9k rpm.....then it just screams!!!

·
Registered
2,342 Posts
I put an RS-3 Ti slip on as an interim solution for the exhaust recall (stocker fell off on the highway!) and it sounds good - got that nice scavenging sound when feathering the throttle on decel' and a good BOOOOM when you get back on the gas. I like my motors a little lean, they make more power that way.[8D]

1 - 20 of 72 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.