Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I added stabilizer crap to my FULL tank of gas before I stored it and now I found from someone that the bike will run like ass with it. I want to drain my tank and start the spring off with some fresh new gas...so....what is the easiest(least messiest)way to empty the tank (and for clarification, I mean without running the bike -- lol). And any opinions on if this would be a waste of my time and to just run it would be welcome too. Thanks

If it ain't broke don't fix it.......yeah right!!

·
Registered
1,606 Posts
You hear all kinds of wild shit. I would just run the tank with the Stabil out. If you insist on draining the tank pull the fuel line where it goes into the fuel filter and let it run out while the petcock is on reserve.

·
Registered
4,295 Posts
I just pulled mine out and ran it with the stabalizer in. It fired right up with barely any throttle. Didn't notice any drop in performance, and since I haven't ridden in four months, I wasn't exactaly hammering it all the time anyway.

-gary
'02 6R

·
Registered
1,471 Posts
You can safely run the engine on fuel that has been treated with stabilizer. In fact, the directions have you run the engine for a few minutes just after adding stabilizer to the tank.

·
Premium Member
8,191 Posts
When BR and I drained our tanks, we just unbolted em(4 bolts), and lifted them up about an inch or two, then reached in and disconnected the fuel line.

Now the tank is free, just put a hose on the exit of the valve and then turn the tank to reserve.. watch the gas flow..

-=Welcome To Canada=-

2002 Green 6R
1986 Gixxer 7/11

·
Registered
1,276 Posts
Yeah I've always stored my bikes with full tanks of gas with Stabil in it. Come Spring they fire right up and there is NO "running like crap". Keep it in there. In all honesty that tank will not get you much more than 200km's anyway, so it'll be gone before you know it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.