Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How hard is it to find a flush mount side marker led light that actually fit perfectly on the 03 zx6r? Frame sliders are rare to come across, and the LP carbon inlay sliders for the zx6r are pushed back a month every month (they are the only hot frame sliders out there). How come the tail light intigrators are on hold until mid August? And where can I get the darn chrome mirrored tinted windscreen? As I look around I notice every company jumped on that slow a$$ R6 before they tried to work on the much faster, better looking zx-6r. What the fcuk is up with that? I tired of these over priced R6's getting all the attention! I sh:t on so many of them. Any help let me know. I know this bike is new, but damn![:M53]

Unstable, pschotic, alcoholic, druggie, insane, rude, na Im just a rider.

·
Registered
185 Posts
get used to it man I'm stiil waiting for my frame sliders from LP month and half and counting
try sportech windscreens they have the mirrored chrome one I dont have pics of my blue one but I will take some today or tomorrow and re-post

Paul

·
Registered
4,213 Posts
did you deal directly with LP? i dealer where i get my parts is low too. the only fast shipping is anyone off ebay.

but then i have the tightest zx6r, the 2001 model/

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I tried LP directly, they told me end of August after telling me end of July-just for frame sliders. I have the blue 03 zx6r too, sh:t is off the hook fast, it's my first bike, and Im dying to hook it up, but everything is delayed, bout the only thing I can get for it right now is the windscreen and gauges changed to blue. Sh:t does anyone know if it is better to get a Muzzy pipe, or should I just gut out the stock exhaust. I heard if you gut the stock exhaust it will make it perform and sound better than getting a Muzzy, but I also heard that a motorcycles engine is naturally aspirated so gutting out the exhaust would harm the engine. I think gutting out the exhaust would be better only because the exhaust was made for the bike.[:M61]

Unstable, pschotic, alcoholic, druggie, insane, rude, na Im just a narcissistic rider

·
Registered
48 Posts
the 636 is tuned to the sky stock so no matter what kind of exaust you get it wont make a difference that you can feel

2003 636 blue
muzzy lowering kit
corbin seat
leo vince carbon fiber slip on

·
Registered
2,691 Posts
For the front signals, you can install some sweet short-stalks by buying the adaptor kit for the fairing holes from www.hugeindustries.com.

Also, Psycho Rider, gutting the exhaust because it was "made for the bike" isn't a good train of thought. It was made for the bike in complete form. So were aftermarket exhausts, like those from yoshimura, akrapovic, muzzy, etc etc. They design these exhausts to get the most from the bike's capabilities (although remapping will be necessary to maximize). Gutting a stock exhaust because it was "made for the bike" to me is like shaving the tread off a stock tire because they were made for the bike rather than going to race slicks. And SJ, I beg to differ. Adding an aftermarket exhaust to the bike can make a VERY noticeable difference in the delivery characteristics of the 2003 ZX6R or ANY bike over stock. Stock exhausts are EXTREMELY restrictive by nature due to the legal requirements imposed on them for emissions and volume control. Tuned to the sky or not, there are easier, bigger gains to be had from exhausts than any other aftermarket part, at least when it comes to a bike's POWER. Whether that's a smarter mod than suspension is up to debate.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I am not really into short stalk signals, more like the smaller the sweeter-like flush mounts but they have to be stuck on. [:M47]

Unstable, pschotic, alcoholic, druggie, insane, rude, na Im just a narcissistic rider

·
Registered
129 Posts
I just got a Micron highmount on my 03 636... the current issue of performance bikes rated the 636 with microns slip-on with a 2-4bhp gain. I can feel the difference, it's not amazing but it's defunately noticable, the fuel injection gives a shitload of initial kick, but there's even more without the stock pipes resistance.

plus the digital fuel injection on the 03' should automaticaly adjust to a new pipe, my idle is still a little rough before it levels out (had my pipe on for a few days) but after a week or so it should be normal. Power commanders are good, but awfully expensive for just a can, thier good anyway but you only really need one for the 03' if you get a ful sys.

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
You guys realize that you really are not going to feel a 2 or 3 HP increase right. The reason why you think you feel such a thing is because now you have a bigger louder sounding machine instead of the stock sewing machine sound!
If your looking for HP youd be dumb to get a slipon. or modify the stock pipe.
but a slip on will look better, sound better, be a few pounds lighter, and will operate at a much cooler temp.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
The muzzy titanium full exhaust system is lighter and does prove a difference in performance. Slip ons suck a$$! [:M43]

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Why does it say I ride a pink scooter????? That's not cool![:M110]

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.