Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,686 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, So my bike has a full titanium muzzy on it...sounds great, runs great...still needs to be rejetted.

I know that a full system adds more power but now I want to know WHY?

Why's the full system add more power? (don't tell me cause it costs more)
how much more, is it noticeable?
what would you expect from a slip-on?
what's the deal with jetting?

·
Registered
803 Posts
The only way a FULL system would add more power is better flow design in the headers/midpipe...... BUT i have heard from several diff sites that Kawasaki's stock headers flow as good if not better than aftermarket.....Im not sure but i went with a full Muzzy also.....

·
Registered
1,872 Posts
Many questions...

1) Full systems offer more power since they optimize and smooth exhaust flow, reduce back pressure to an optimim level, and reduce waight.
2) It adds power, well, for the above reasons but the A/F ratio needs to be optimized to maximize gains.
3) Slipons mainly offer looks and sound with minimal HP gains (>5HP), where as full systems can do significant gains (~15HP).
4) See 3.
5) Jetting is the process of changing out main (and aux) jets in carbs to obtain an optimal A/F ratio and optimize performance. The same thing is done on FI systems with a Power Commander.

Hope this helps!

·
Registered
1,728 Posts
Interesting to know, thats one of the ones I keep forgetting to ask to myself. I have a high mount micron exhaust, and I'M NOT EVEN SURE if its a slip on or full exhaust... I think its a slip on, but someone was swearing to me that it was a full exhaust.

·
Registered
1,686 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the explain

Originally posted by rockstar84
Interesting to know, thats one of the ones I keep forgetting to ask to myself. I have a high mount micron exhaust, and I'M NOT EVEN SURE if its a slip on or full exhaust... I think its a slip on, but someone was swearing to me that it was a full exhaust.
let me see pics, i might be able to tell ya.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.