Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was just wondering if anyone knows the differences between the two besides price and color options.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Correct me if I'm wrong, but the 04 6R is still a 636cc bike where as the 6RR is still 600cc (give or take a cc :D). I'd say that that is the first palce to start with the explanation of the diffrence. If you check out some of the arguments/discussions going on you should pick up a bit more (or wait and I'm sure someone else will give you a list). [:p]

[:M25]

·
Registered
128 Posts
I would go to the Kawasaki website and look at the differences. There are quite a bit of noteable differences, and the advantages between the two depend heavily on what you plan to do with the bike and you personal skill level. Not everyone will benefit from a slipper clutch (rr) where some who ride track often and need to stay in the "true" 600 class will. Check out the website.

·
Registered
4,295 Posts
Engine size (636cc R, 599cc RR), power output (636 has more out of the box, but Kawi claims the RR is more suited to performance enhancments. $$$$), slipper clutch (RR), adjustable swingarm pivot point (RR), integrated lap timer (RR).

Bascially, if you have to ask, then the RR isn't for you unless you're dying for a black frame.

·
Registered
530 Posts
Originally posted by -gary
Engine size (636cc R, 599cc RR), power output (636 has more out of the box, but Kawi claims the RR is more suited to performance enhancments. $$$$), slipper clutch (RR), adjustable swingarm pivot point (RR), integrated lap timer (RR).
Slight correction -- the 636 has a lap timer as well. [8D]

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.