Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am buying a new Hindle pipe.
they come in 16" (hard to find), 18", and 20"(most common)

I measured my stock pipe its 18" for the can and 2" end section. How does Hindle measure it with or without the end cap?

What are the differences between the 16", 18", and 20" can sizes

I'm guessing the shorter the pipe the louder it would be. Would the pitch also be higher in the shorter pipes and deepest in the 20" pipe?

I was thinking of going with the 18" can
What sizes does everyone have?

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
I emailed Hindle that same question this week, but they do not make 16" exhausts from what I was told. Here was there reply, hope this help ya Tommy:

Hi,
There are no performance gains between the 18" or 20". They are offered for your personal preference. The 20" may be a litle quieter than the 18" because it accomodates more packing inside but the difference is not noticable.

Tina Capell.

·
Registered
308 Posts
Originally posted by Sh1n5
Originally posted by samps
Dude, did you not see my reply to this thread earlier? I am the sh*t. I told you all the answers...:D
[:M42]
How'd you know that's what I was doing when I wrote that reply!?!?![:M92]

Where are you!?!?! Can you see me right now!?!?! [:M83]

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
By the way I found out the answers from hindle. so here goes
the 16" muffler does exist but is only for off road use. It is too loud for the road.
The 18" muffler is louder then the 20" BUT the 20" has a deeper tone to it.
I just order myself a 20" standard mount, If I were to go with a high mount I would've ordered the 18" though.
also the mufflers are measured from endcap to encap not including the tip. So the total length of an 18" muffler is actually 20" total.

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
oh yeah as for that 18". no one would sell it to me. Everyone said they just dont sell them
but this place was the ONLY place I could find 16" and 18" mufflers contact Street and Competition in the US at 800-326-5487 or your local Parts Canada dealer in Canada.

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
oh yeah as for that 18". no one would sell it to me. Everyone said they just dont sell them
but this place was the ONLY place I could find 16" and 18" mufflers contact Street and Competition in the US at 800-326-5487

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.