Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,875 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My friend bought this small cover that spreads under the bottom of the front of the helmet to block out wind from your chin and cut down on road noise.

Does anyone know what it's called and where to get it?

·
Registered
522 Posts
my arai came with one as well. they call it a "chin spoiler" to be honest, i can tell very little difference with mine up or down.

·
Registered
1,875 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
No no, it doesn't go up and down. As marlboroman stated, it's a membrane that spans over the bottom of your helmet.

I didn't see one on the website for HJC. Does anyone know where I can get one for an HJC CS-12?

·
Registered
1,436 Posts
The one that Shoei and Arai use are one in the same, just different designs. They are to keep the turbulance down inside the helmet.

I have seen a Arai here locally that a guy modded to use the Shoei version. He wore contacts and did not like the air flow in front of his face so he put the shoei chin curtain on his Arai.

·
Registered
1,460 Posts
my icon came with one...i like it, but after two seasons with this helmet, it's starting to get beat up a bit. same with the little orange loop to keep the strap off to the side. it's stretched and doesn't serve much of a purpose if wind catches it at the right angle

·
Un-Stealth Administrator
8,215 Posts
Chin curtain, chin spoiler, chin skirt...usually it's used to direct the airflow under the helmet to eliminate turbulance and lift. Some companies also make it out of soft material and claim it keeps the wind noise down and keeps you warmer in the winter, but if that's true, it's by like .25 degrees F, and other helmet features do WAY more to help or hinder the wind noise than the little skirt does. It works to stabilize the helmet at speed, though. Any half-decent helmet should have one from the factory.

I don't know of any aftermarket companies that make them just for the chinbar, although there is a company that makes one that goes all the way around the helmet, and does a lot to remove wind noise and keep heat in during the winter...can't remember off hand what it's called though.

·
Registered
7,468 Posts
^^^ Dennis Kirk has onces for sale that go all the way around the helmet. Im nor sure if they have just the front ones or not though.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.