i've never seen this on my bike b4.

·
Registered
3,690 Posts
It flashes your high beam....

·
Registered
3,690 Posts
pretty much every GSXR, daytona 675, and I think some yami's. That pic could be from a 10r.

·
Registered
3,690 Posts
We don't have a hazard warning option. All you can really do is turn the key past the "on" switch which will turn on the rear tail to bright.

·
The Indifference Engine
6,150 Posts
European spec bike...

·
Registered
1,136 Posts

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
kay thx guys. i figure basically this button would make headlight flash alternating left n right?
well thats useless for me so i'm no longer jelous of that nice button XD

·
Registered
1,883 Posts
No that isn't what it does. It just lights up your highbeam in addition to the lowbeam that is already one. At least that is what it did on my SV.

So if you really WANTED to do this you could just flip your headlight switch a couple times.

It's a useless feature in my opinion....just unnecessary. Suzuki seems to value it, just like Honda thinks gas gauges are a big deal. Who knows what Kawasaki UK is thinkin

·
Registered
133 Posts
+1

US bikes do not get that.
True enough, which is unfortunate. We also don't get the immobilizer or the jumper mod (that the Malay-spec bikes get out of the factory).

Anybody know a non-US website that has a parts list / schematic with the Euro/Asia-spec'd parts?

·
Registered
88 Posts
it flashes the lights. In Europe its legal to flash to let people know they can pass. Here it is illegal, hence why the bikes here don't have it. Suzuki and some others don't want to bother making their models different so they leave it.
Not sure if the stock pass headlight flashing is different, but modular headlights are permitted in CA, NV, AZ.

http://www.amadirectlink.com/legisltn/laws.asp

·
Registered
1,979 Posts
YEAH, i saw that button just today at the dealer on a gsx-750. i was wondering what the heck that is??

·
Registered
17 Posts
strange about this differences about US and Europe versions , did anybody seen this in manual ? I have US version on zx-6r 07 and i have "pass" button.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts