Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought my first zx6r and I am not happy with the break in period. 0-500 miles -don't rev over 4000rpm. 500-1000 miles don't rev over 6000 rpm. Since I own 3 other Hondas I guess I got spoiled with their 300 mile break in period. Does any sane person wait 1000 miles to go over 6000 rpm?

·
Registered
1,606 Posts
Yes. But if it were my bike I would probably try the Motoman break-in or a variant thereof. Do a search and you will find a link.

·
Registered
166 Posts
I did the break-in on the link Dj Dunzie posted on my new '03 636. It is running fantastic. Went syn. oil at 1560 miles. Do the break-in and change the oil. I had 43 miles on mine. Lots of crap in the oil. Changed again 600 miles. Then again at the 1560. Ride it like it was built to be ridden.

·
Registered
34 Posts
The first 500 miles is the toughest if you break it in like Kawasai says. Once you can take it to 6000 RPM's you can exceed most speed limits (about 72 MPH) It is a lot more fun at 6000 and the miles add up fast.:) How you break it in is up to you. The whole reason I bought new was so I knew no one had beat on mine. I guess only time will tell which way is best.

Dave

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.