Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
need some help, losing sleep over this. 99zx6r full muzzy. fact. jet kit, stock airfilter. i have the leanest jets installed, which are 130 in outsides and 132.5 on insides. installed fact. pro pilots also. bike stock had 137.5 and 140 in it. fact. pro needles on 3rd notch down from top. when cold this biotch screams and goes and loves it. in afternoon when hot out, its like a fat pig and feels overall slow. when cold i can power wheelie first and into second. when hot, i can barely power wheelie her. i think its rich mains. but ive got the leanest ones in it that i can put in it outta the kit. ever heard of this? all my o rings are there on top of the carbs. new plugs and i checked gaps before install. should i have to lean the bike out that much to make it run right? any help is so greatly appreciated. [:M7]

·
Registered
3,190 Posts
Shouldn't you have the 132.5s in the outer carbs, and the 130s in the inners?

It's been a couple of years since I fiddled with the jetting on my '95 ZX-6R, but I seem to remember that the larger jets went into the outer carbs, because they're the ones which run slightly cooler, and don't heat the air up as much (keeping it relatively dense), and therefore need more fuel than the inner carbs.

Someone please correct me if I'm wrong.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.