Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ever stop and think about the things that happened to you, or the places you've been, or the people you've met - just because of your bike?

My boss has been away all week at work, so there's been a little bit of room for staggered thought in the shop.

Man... I've had the best summer that I can remember just being on that thing, I've gotten attention from people that the year before never looked twice at me, I've been *AHEM* [:M19]and [:M12]and [:M43] from it, hell, I even got a job just from riding it one afternoon a year ago already! I've lost track of the graces that I've encountered just owning a Ninja.

Is this a fluke? Or is anyone else so lucky?

·
Registered
1,645 Posts
I've gotten:

Around $2,000CDN in tickets
1 breakup because of the bike (because I wouldn't stop speeding or stunting)
2 girls who gave me extra...stuff :) (but broke up with them because of no real connection)

Got to meet some new people, 6 people I think more, 1 of which is now my best friend pretty much.

And I have my motorcycle to thank for my happiness. WIthout it I would be the unhappiest guy in the world.

·
Registered
1,966 Posts
I think the motorcycle is like an addiction for me. It even tends to isolate me from other people. All I do is ride, and occasionally work to pay for it. It consumes every second of my time. Even when I'm not riding my bike, or looking at pictures and videos of bikes online and on TV, I'm thinking about riding it and what I'll do in the morning when I can get on the saddle again. I used to be a straight A honor roll student, no joke, and then I discovered motorcycles and dirtbikes somewhere around 7th or 8th grade, and it's been downhill ever since. I graduated high school with like a 79 average. I just couldn't care about anything anymore cause it didn't affect me riding my bike. X+Y doesn't equal the feeling I get riding, so I just cut calculus to spend more time on my bike. Even now, I'm still the same way. I don't give a damn about college, about a degree, about shit but my bike. I don't even have a job, I only work to fill the tank and pay the insurance, and that's it. I know it's bad, but I try to live every day like it was my last. And so far I have no regrets. Is anyone else like this? I'll bet a shrink would have a field day with me huh?

·
Registered
2,042 Posts
Originally posted by NinjaRider

I think the motorcycle is like an addiction for me. It even tends to isolate me from other people. All I do is ride, and occasionally work to pay for it. It consumes every second of my time. Even when I'm not riding my bike, or looking at pictures and videos of bikes online and on TV, I'm thinking about riding it and what I'll do in the morning when I can get on the saddle again. I used to be a straight A honor roll student, no joke, and then I discovered motorcycles and dirtbikes somewhere around 7th or 8th grade, and it's been downhill ever since. I graduated high school with like a 79 average. I just couldn't care about anything anymore cause it didn't affect me riding my bike. X+Y doesn't equal the feeling I get riding, so I just cut calculus to spend more time on my bike. Even now, I'm still the same way. I don't give a damn about college, about a degree, about shit but my bike. I don't even have a job, I only work to fill the tank and pay the insurance, and that's it. I know it's bad, but I try to live every day like it was my last. And so far I have no regrets. Is anyone else like this? I'll bet a shrink would have a field day with me huh?
Wow, there are others too:D No job, money I have will last me utill feb-march hopefully, not really studying though I should be, seriously considering dropping everything and moving someplace warm where you can ride year round. Only thinking about next season and how I'm going to arrange everything so I can get to ALL available track days. Part of that means working from the beginning of next year, though, tires and such are expensive. Heh, ya could classify that as a serious addiction, I think. But when I think back a couple years, before my friend gave me a ride on his bike and started this whole thing. Before "the bike" life seemed so f#¤%&ing boring, even fucking was boring. Gone were the simple joys of youth, hehe, and as one friend commented after I got my bike: "It's so great you're excited about something again, I can't remember when I last saw you this enthusiastic about anything." She was right too, the whole bike thing kinda put a smile back on my face, or rather an ear to ear grin :D

So thanks for giving me that one ride on your bike, Creep, changed my life for the better it did:D[:M88]

Oh, I met a bunch of new people as well, which was great too.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Originally posted by Routa

It's got me into quite silly speeds :)
I'll second that!!! :D

Because of my bike I have met maybe a dozen people, a few of which I talk to on a regular basis now. It has given me a new focus on life. It has gotten me some double takes from a few girls that would ordinarily not even bother to look...

On the other hand, it has caused some stress too. I spend way too much time either on it or planning for it. It has given me a new sense of adventure which means one day I will eat that pavement. My g/f worries constantly now and calls my cell phone about every hour that I am out on it.

If I could go back would have I gotten it? NO..... I woulda waited for the 10r [:eek:)]

·
Registered
1,289 Posts
Guess you can put me in the above catagories. Met a bunch of local people that ride who I otherwise would not have met. We have a local forum for riders and it's great! It's not bike specific so you get to see/ride with many types of people/bikes.

The bonus is, it's therapy!:D

·
Registered
60 Posts
As a kid, life was great (In those stages before 'Old Age' where life holds nothing fun). My time was spent with video games. As time went on, video games went for pretty pictures instead of storylines and 20 of 30 hours of movies and still made you pay $50.00 for their movie, and it got less and less interesting for me. School got boring, people got boring, ect ect ect. Then I got a motorcycle! And for like once in 5 years I have something thats fun. Unfortunetly, now I have a bit of a fork in the road of my life. Go to College to become a Computer Game Animator/ Programmer... or that Motorcycle Mechanics Institute (Sp?)...

*Sigh* The problems I face...

·
Registered
3,728 Posts
it's gotten me alot of confidence. I know alot of people that are just plain afraid of bikes or who can't ride one properly to save their lives. I'm not the best rider but it's good to have something that you can do that takes alot of coordinations and educations to ride well.

the bike makes me want to make more money since I would love to do track days and stuff but really cant afford them right now.

·
Registered
337 Posts
Hmmm. Good and bad, I guess. After about 8 years of riding, I had my first serious accident this summer about 2 weeks before my 27th birthday. I broke a bone for the first time in my life (two ribs), punctured a lung, totaled my ninja, and now have $15,000 in hospital bills.

It's also caused me to miss a lot of work (and therefore a lot of money) when the weather is nice.

On the up side, I fixed my "totalled" ninja for about $1200 bucks and put the remainder of my insurance check toward another bike: my 900RR[:p]

Bikes have provided me with thrills, therapy, and stress relief. In fact, when I get crabby my girlfriend tells me "you need to go for a ride".

the bike also releases something wild in my heart that needs freedom and room to move and breathe outside the confines of normal society. I don't mean crazy wild, I mean wild like something inside me that yearns to be free.

Last but not least, I met my girlfriend b/c of my bike. I was at my (future) buddy's bike shop one day and she showed up. She had been his secretary a year or two before and just stopped to visit. She was checking me out while they talked, he introduced us, we went for a ride in her camaro, later that evening I took her for a bike ride.... and now here we are 1 1/2 years later.

I love bikes. This is a good thread!

·
Registered
321 Posts
I bought my bike simply to experience something different. I was sick of the cage and needed a change. My girlfriend at the time told me it'd be a cool idea and she thinks me on a bike is hot. So I bought one and we took the best road trip I've ever had. Yes even after the jail thing, I still look back on it and smile. It's also driven the same girl away from me, got my license taken away for two months, cost me 1,060 in court fees and lawyers. I also met a couple guys that are now like brothers to me because of simple bike talk. And its not done yet, just the season. I'll be back out once the snow thaws and I'm hoping to have the best summer yet. Getting involved with a REALLY cute asian girl;) who happens to look very good in green. So she'll be the highlight of my summer. Shit, we're getting all sentimental here, we oughta just meet in one place and have some beers and a group hug[8D] Great thread

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
wow, great post.
I've moved 1000 miles south so I could ride all year round, met some very good friends, never payed for parking, gotten some nice benny tans, get to park right next to the front door at some clubs, and it only cost me 2 months in a coma, memory loss, a smashed ball, 3 operations and 2 hernias. But It was SOOOOO worth it :) I'll never stop riding!

1 - 20 of 53 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.